Surprise observation in Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you aren't required to follow the dive guides on the palau aggressor, so you can dive away from the group if you want. you do miss out on the guides pointing out little critters though.

you aren't required to follow the dive guides on the palau aggressor, so you can dive away from the group if you want. you do miss out on the guides pointing out little critters though.

Had I gone on my own, I’d definitely missed my 1st & only Zebra (Leopard) shark siting.

D62C1D1C-3ACC-468C-BF85-DF4E11B6578D.jpeg

I love those!!

Back to OP topic of “Surprise observation in Palau”, one event that is unique in Palau & you don’t want to miss is this AWESOME dive:

Last edited:
That's what the whale sharks come for in Belize.

I may be a bit biased but Palau still has a lot of great diving. The popular spots are sometimes overrun but some boat drivers will still take you to amazing places that are not on the main dive circuit.

Had many "zebra" sharks while diving the GBR in Australia. In fact I did a giant stride on top of one on a night dive there. Only saw one in Palau.

Had I gone on my own, I’d definitely missed my 1st & only Zebra (Leopard) shark siting.

View attachment 462072

I went to Palau last year and the dive sites are in the same condition as the first time I went 10 years ago. In fact not much has changed except for the influx of Chinese tourism and the businesses to accommodate. I did see some poor diving skills while at Blue Corner and there were more boats than a decade ago but I think the the suggestion that Palau is going down hill is off base. A little more tourism, but the dives are as fantastic as ever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom