Diving Thailand’s Similan and Surin Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One day may be acceptable but certainly not mult-days on a speed boat.
I have experienced something like that in Palau and vowed never again, no matter how desperate I am.

I actually agree with you. This last trip we did two days by speedboat and that was enough. We did meet a woman who has been living in Bangkok who purchased a package deal to see every island in the Similans and Surins by speedboat, and she was loving it. Her husband doesn't dive though so liveaboards weren't an option for her on that trip.

A lot of the cheap(er) liveaboards in the Similans are pretty rough. A year ago I spent a week on one and half the boat got food poisoning.

"A lot of the cheap(er) liveaboards in the Similans are pretty rough. A year ago I spent a week on one and half the boat got food poisoning."
Happens, has nothing to do with the price of the boat. Happens in hotels as well, also the expensive ones.

Similans and Koh Bon are also accessible by big boat, even Tachai is on certain days of the week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom