Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Done! I'll give a full review.

Had the 282’s out today, the weather has been insane here, -8 2 days ago and 50 today, cut through about 8 inches of ice to get in, water temp 35f, for a little over an hour.

The 282’s were comfy and warm. I am still skeptical about there toughness, but so far, they are my go to.

Are you wearing an underglove, or just going with the furry liner?

Nice!

its always in the upper 30's at depth in the big lakes. Ive been working at the perfect solution for years now. My hands have always been the most sensitive. One of the side benefits of running a breather is I'm warmer in general because of the warmer gas. I have a slightly modified controller to run my vest and gloves. Ive found a great vest, and passable gloves. My gloves don't tolerate getting wet at all, so the ring system and outer glove are very important to my diving. Im still on the hunt for the best heated gloves, But the 282's and the ultima system seem to be very helpful at this point. Its always a work in progress.

They are power n motion gloves, but highly modified. The started with a gauntlet cuff and battery pocket, way to long to fit into a dry glove, which I cut off and resewed. The also have a power switch on the back of the wrist the would turn off whenever I extended my wrist, so I cut out the switch and resoldered and patched the hole.

They don't tolerate getting wet at all, I regularly get shocked and have had a few minor burns on the back of my wrist.
So I would not recommend them at all. The good part is they are thin, fit well, comfortable, and get pretty hot. But not worth the trade off.

I finally got to try mine out this past weekend in cold water. I forgot my FE under gloves so I had to borrow some thinner ones. We did two 40 minute dives in 47F water and 60' depth. My hands stayed completely dry and I had great dexterity, even with the dive rite soft mount Goodman and giant light. They got a little chilled, but I'm sure next time with the FE under gloves it will be excellent. It definitely is better than wet gloves. Thanks again for all the great input in this thread.

I think there's a big difference in how cold your hands get if you're using wrist seals or not.
If you're using wrist seals your hands will be "closed off" from the rest of your body (and the heat from your body).
Without wrist seals your hands will be exposed to the same air as the rest of your drysuit which is heated up by your entire body, therefore it would make sense that your hands won't be as cold.
Just a thought, it makes sense to me but it might not be true.

Back
Top Bottom