Suunto d5/ aqua i770 /Garmin descent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But no AI :(
I also always dive my Teric for the AI. I want to have redundancy anyway, so why not different PDCs that accomplish different tasks? GPS on my Descent and AI on my Teric (or Perdix).

I also always dive my Teric for the AI. I want to have redundancy anyway, so why not different PDCs that accomplish different tasks? GPS on my Descent and AI on my Teric (or Perdix).

What's it like being independently wealthy?:wink:

I'm up for adoption you know :D

What's it like being independently wealthy?:wink:
Anything but... but diving is my life. It's my work, my hobby, my passion. Where you heart is, there your treasure will be also.

Hi @Chidiver1

Have you already considered the 3 different decompression algorithms your choices run? The i770 runs PZ+, a middle of the road, moderate algorithm derived from Buhlmann. The D5 runs Fused RGBM 2 and is widely adjustable. At P-2 it appears to be about as liberal as DSAT or a Buhlmann GF High of around 95. Garmin run Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF.

Hi I have a Descent MK1. I have it on my wrist day and night. It's really a good choice if you are looking for something more than just a diving computer. I run with it and sleep with it. It counts your heart rates, steps and calories consumed. You can do a lot of land sports like hiking, golf, cycling with it. I am not a frequent diver and do need some sport after office work so it fits me perfectly. It can even remind you that you have been in your chair for too long!
I don't care about AI as I am used to checking my gauge regularly. So I am pretty happy with my MK1.

Hi @Chidiver1

Have you already considered the 3 different decompression algorithms your choices run? The i770 runs PZ+, a middle of the road, moderate algorithm derived from Buhlmann. The D5 runs Fused RGBM 2 and is widely adjustable. At P-2 it appears to be about as liberal as DSAT or a Buhlmann GF High of around 95. Garmin run Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF.

Yes I'm considering that as well.
However I need to look into the differences a little more extensively.

If Garmin had AI that would be it.

It's close to winning without it. Especially the titanium dlc model. I have a citizen eco chrono in dlc, love it. Going to check into the 35% off and see where I am at I guess next.

Also, please keep it on these models.
I already read enough about Suunto steel/core/

AND heard enough about shearwater

Thanks

Happy to comment. I have both the Shearwater Nerd II and the Perdix AI. If I were buying a new computer today, it would be the Teric, no question.

Aaron

Thanks, but I don't want to read any more about shearwater. Which is why I put I don't want to read more about them. Also don't want to read about a couple of other models at the top of this thread I listed

There is enough here on SB about shearwater to write a series of novels.

There's good reason for that : )

The Shearwater Evangelicals ride again!

I just bought a Descent a couple of days ago, and it is the ultimate diving capable Gizmo , but I don't think I'd like it as my sole computer.

The Shearwater Evangelicals ride again!

I just bought a Descent a couple of days ago, and it is the ultimate diving capable Gizmo , but I don't think I'd like it as my sole computer.

You wouldnt happen to have stolen the one on eBay would ya? I was watching one that just got sold a couple days back lol

Titanium one.

[QUOTE="scrane,
I just bought a Descent a couple of days ago, and it is the ultimate diving capable Gizmo , but I don't think I'd like it as my sole computer.[/QUOTE]

Why not?

Back
Top Bottom