Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am currently waiting my Seaskin Nova drysuit to arrive. I also ordered Sesking Thinsulate 250 undergarmets. Can you tell me in what lowest temperature you were still comfortably diving with these undergarments? I am planning to dive with Seaskin base layer + Thinsulate 250 in +5-14C temperature.

I dived a week ago 5 dives in Lake Erie. Depths ranged from around 100 feet(30m) to 150(45m). Bottom temps were 43 - 44 F (around 6C).

On the first day (3 dives), I wore the Seaskin 250gsm undersuit and Seaskin Tech Base layer under that. My head and hands got cold, but my body was so warm that on the next day I wore the Seaskin 150gsm undersuit instead of the 250.

With the 150, for 2 dives each around 50 minutes, I was cool, but not freezing. My head and hands were still cold. I think I will wear a warmer hood and glove liners the next time I do any dives that cold. Warmer head and hands might have been enough to be very comfortable in just the base layer plus 150.

I dived a week ago 5 dives in Lake Erie. Depths ranged from around 100 feet(30m) to 150(45m). Bottom temps were 43 - 44 F (around 6C).

On the first day (3 dives), I wore the Seaskin 250gsm undersuit and Seaskin Tech Base layer under that. My head and hands got cold, but my body was so warm that on the next day I wore the Seaskin 150gsm undersuit instead of the 250.

With the 150, for 2 dives each around 50 minutes, I was cool, but not freezing. My head and hands were still cold. I think I will wear a warmer hood and glove liners the next time I do any dives that cold. Warmer head and hands might have been enough to be very comfortable in just the base layer plus 150.
Did you ever get a chance to weigh your suit? I am trying to figure out if it is close to my Santi or my Hollis.

Did you ever get a chance to weigh your suit? I am trying to figure out if it is close to my Santi or my Hollis.

I was waiting until I got my Waterproof suit back, so I could weigh them both. I don't have the WP back yet, but since you asked, I went ahead and weighed the Seaskin.

According to my digital luggage scale, the Seaskin is 8.9 pounds. That is just the suit, without the booties that I wear over the suit's socks. That is with the Kubi rings and Si Tech Quick Neck both with silicone seals installed. With Trigon pee valve and hose inside. With the wide suspenders option inside. No dry gloves attached.

I was waiting until I got my Waterproof suit back, so I could weigh them both. I don't have the WP back yet, but since you asked, I went ahead and weighed the Seaskin.

According to my digital luggage scale, the Seaskin is 8.9 pounds. That is just the suit, without the booties that I wear over the suit's socks. That is with the Kubi rings and Si Tech Quick Neck both with silicone seals installed. With Trigon pee valve and hose inside. With the wide suspenders option inside. No dry gloves attached.
Thank you. Now I have to go weigh my suits.

I got my suit today. First fit seems good, everything is snug but not too snug. The only part I dislike (yet) are the socks. They are to small with the 250g undersuit (which also has some sort of sock).

And don’t make the mistake of assembling dryglove rings without grease (I did and spent some time taking them apart).

I’m gonna do some buoyancy checks in the pool tomorrow :)

Yeah, I'm not sure what rings you got, but they sound like Kubi - those things are a b*%#@ to put together and worse to get apart - if you don't put a little lube on the O-rings first.

Not sure what's going on with your undersuit, though. I got the Seaskin 250 and it just has thin spandex sock/stirrup things on the bottom of the legs, so no issues with fitting into the suit. I put on the Seaskin 1-pc undersuit and then the Seaskin 150gsm socks and the suit (with its attached socks) goes on no problem. The socks are definitely a snug fit over the undersocks, but not uncomfortable.

I got the rolock rings.

And my undersuit also has the stretchie spandex like socks (with a gap in them for your heel). But the 150g socks are tight bare feet. And that little bit of material makes them too tight. Getting them in the suit socks is no problem, they are a little big.

I find it weirder that I only got a wax stick for the plastic aquaseal and no tool for the quick neck. Also no documentation on both.

I got the plastic zipper and it came with a small tube of zipper lube. Mine also came with a bag of all the documentation for the Si Tech valves and seal and the quick neck tool.

I find it weirder that I only got a wax stick for the plastic aquaseal and no tool for the quick neck. Also no documentation on both.

Ask Seaskin. Last week I got full documentation for valves and quickneck, the quickneck tool, zipper lubricant, talcum powder etc...

I got a tube of silicone grease for the plastic zip, talcum powder and pouch, SiTech manuals for valves/seals, quick neck tool.

Looks like the wax stick (for brass?) should have been that silicone tube, and you should have received that little roller tool for the quick neck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom