Universities near caves (Florida or Mexico)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More importantly, as a private pilot, all of the trade mags paint a grim picture of the economic positives of an aviation career.
Really? There's never been a greater demand for pilots and mechanics...where u getting your news?

Keep in mind, North FL is very different from the rest of FL in many aspects..... Envision a horizontal imaginary line across FL just north of Orlando. And the panhandle is technically just southern AL.

Really? There's never been a greater demand for pilots and mechanics...where u getting your news?
Give it a year or two, airlines are about the most cyclical industry ever. @EireDiver606 should pick a field aligned with his lifelong interests

AOPA and the local instructors who are stuck instructing after finishing school and not flying with commercial air lines.
I'm not a professional pilot. I'm just going by what I read and hear about the airline industry from sources that are supposed to be in touch with the industry.

I would like to go to a university either near Floridian or Mexican caves as I am very lucky and have this opportunity as a young man. Where did cave divers go?

Marine Science.

May I ask how did you end up with these career options? Funding your academic studies in the US as (apparently) a European is one question to begin with. You of course don't have to answer that. But really, if you have your ass covered for undergraduate studies in the US, please don't waste that on diving.
Another thing to consider is that if you ever want to get a permanent job in sciences these days, it will be a long journey with graduate school, often more than one post-doc and so on. Trust me, all of these are not going to happen near nice dive spots. And if you ever imagine getting one of the few jobs as a diving scientist, you will be chosen based on your academic merits, not perfect trim and buoyancy.
Financially, (and also career wise) it is probably worthwhile to do at least undergraduate studies in Europe, and aim for graduate school or post-doc in the US.
Or if finances don't matter at all, stay where you are and take looong vacations and dive in your favorite spots...

AOPA and the local instructors who are stuck instructing after finishing school and not flying with commercial air lines.
I'm not a professional pilot. I'm just going by what I read and hear about the airline industry from sources that are supposed to be in touch with the industry.
I’m in the industry...if you want to fly commercially for living, there has never been a better time except at the end of Vietnam.
FYI, real pilots don’t read AOPA....lol. Fly safe.

Give it a year or two, airlines are about the most cyclical industry ever. @EireDiver606 should pick a field aligned with his lifelong interests
The pool of pilots use to come from the military. That’s not the case any longer....local FBOs or accredited universities are now the pool for pilots. It’s actually scary what the minimums now are for an SIC in the Majors!

I’m in the industry...if you want to fly commercially for living, there has never been a better time except at the end of Vietnam.
FYI, real pilots don’t read AOPA....lol. Fly safe.
If you're in the industry then you know better than me. I'm a private piliot. I guess that doesn't count as a real pilot in your book, don't care either way. I'm just going by what I've read and been told. I've heard over and over for the past 10 years that the job doesn't justify the cost of schools like Embry-Riddle.

If you're in the industry then you know better than me. I'm a private piliot. I guess that doesn't count as a real pilot in your book, don't care either way. I'm just going by what I've read and been told. I've heard over and over for the past 10 years that the job doesn't justify the cost of schools like Embry-Riddle.
Have you seen the cost of medical or law school? Or how much even a post-doc in marine sciences gets paid?

Same dealio

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom