Dive Rite regulator servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Where can you send your load of dive rite regulators for servicing at a reasonable price?

Did your local dive shop refuse to service them or are you just looking around for cost?

If you know your local shop has a real service tech doing the work, I think it's nice to give them the business.

Looking at some popular online shops, Scubatoys is $60 plus parts, not sure on their exact retail but lets call it $30 for first stages and $20 for each second stage, so around $130.

Dive Gear Express charges a flat fee per stage, $75 each, so that's over $200.

Check with DRIS. I’d be surprised if they didn’t service Dive Rite.

Did you try airtech scuba?

If they can’t help you, I might call Dive Rite. They can either do it for you, or recommend a dealer who can do it.

If that doesn’t work, DRIS sells DR and does a lot of reg service.

Drysuit Repairs, Regulator Repairs, Scuba Repairs

DRIS has a four-week turnaround right now. I just dropped off my doubles regs and deco reg off yesterday. They’re inundated with fire department dive gear this time of year. I need mine back by the beginning of Jan (pool session for tech class), so I allowed plenty of time.

a lot of the dive rites ,,,,,are the same as hog...............so the hog course could cross over

The design is a little weird on the rg3000 second stages. I never understood why it isn't a closer clone of the apeks like the hog d1. And the rebadged beuchat that is the hurricane also deviates from hog a bit.

a lot of the dive rites ,,,,,are the same as hog...............so the hog course could cross over

I have been trained on both Hog and Dive Rite. Although there are obvious similarities, there are differences. Unless you really know what you are looking at, you might miss it. For example the (current) XT first stage has a removable high pressure orifice with an o-ring seal, and both the hog D1 and D3 have it machined into the body.

Where can you send your load of dive rite regulators for servicing at a reasonable price?

You can DIY if you are so inclined, they don't restrict their parts.
Airtech, DRiS, Scubatoys, Northeast Scuba Supply, Cave Adventurers, etc. can all service them, but it's really not the best time to send regs in between DEMA recovery, Turkey Day, Christmas, New Years, and the end of dive season with everyone sending their stuff in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom