Port closure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I understand this morning is flat but weather will change this afternoon. When operators and divers went down to the Harbor Masters office to see why she closed the port this morning I heard she told the crowd 'Today is a non-work day, tomorrow she is off, Monday is a holiday so she will not discuss it till Tuesday' and went back inside.

The port is closed to boats below 40' AND all water activities. I was told Dive house and several others with larger boats went out and she had the Navy return them to port due to the no water activities decree.

Looks like we are in for an interesting El Norte season, each time they change Port Captains it seems to get goofier
Does that mean that the harbor is closed until Tuesday no matter what the weather does? Diving, snorkeling, and fishing are affected but the cruise ship industry is not. That looks to me like an indication of where the island's priorities lie, not that it's never occurred to me before.

Does that mean that the harbor is closed until Tuesday no matter what the weather does?
Windguru has the wind swinging to the east tomorrow afternoon but with this new port Captain who knows.

Does that mean that the harbor is closed until Tuesday no matter what the weather does? Diving, snorkeling, and fishing are affected but the cruise ship industry is not. That looks to me like an indication of where the island's priorities lie, not that it's never occurred to me before.
I think it means that she will discuss the matter on her own terms. Ella corta la torta.

What I seen, it wasn’t her that came out, a rep came out said she’d return to work on Tuesday - someone needs to go way over her head and get this straight.

Ultimate power play at the expense of those that visit

~omg-glamorous-kitsch-pop-art-blond_22754497_high.jpg

Wouldn't they just sit at the marina entrance and bust everyone as they come back in?

Not sure how "civil disobedience" plays out in Mexico but they sound too lazy for that.

As I understand this morning is flat but weather will change this afternoon. When operators and divers went down to the Harbor Masters office to see why she closed the port this morning I heard she told the crowd 'Today is a non-work day, tomorrow she is off, Monday is a holiday so she will not discuss it till Tuesday' and went back inside.

Does that mean she is not available to take any enforcement action if people just ignore her? :wink:

Not sure how "civil disobedience" plays out in Mexico but they sound too lazy for that.

According to post #150, the navy went after big boats today. My way is the lazy way of enforcement.

I think it means that she will discuss the matter on her own terms. Ella corta la torta.
Ok. Sounds like instead of storming the gates we need the equivalent of “the sexist man in America” to go have a talk with her. Anyone up for the job?

What I seen, it wasn’t her that came out, a rep came out said she’d return to work on Tuesday - someone needs to go way over her head and get this straight.

Ultimate power play at the expense of those that visit
And the expense of all associated businesses, their employees, families of employees, etc.

So HM is off for the long weekend and any second-in-command does not have authority?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom