• 70-79

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • 80-89

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 90-99

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's another thought: why have a poll entry for 0-9 in the first place? That's not serious either...

Why can't there be SB members who are 9 or 8 or even younger? The poll is about "SB members" not tech or cave divers or divers with thousands of dives. Poll Doesn't even ask if the person is a certified diver.

Tangental to the topic, but in line with the 0-9 comments.

I used to play dungeons and dragons. They classified players, monsters, etc, as tending toward good/evil, and chaotic/lawful (liking order). I used to think I really did not see those much in the real world. Being on line has changed that view. There are definitely people that just seem to like chaos, and presumably find it fun. It makes having discussions about issues a bit challenging. I get being free spirited. Throwing random stuff out there all the time, not so much. Past, you know, when you are 5.

Why can't there be SB members who are 9 or 8 or even younger? The poll is about "SB members" not tech or cave divers or divers with thousands of dives. Poll Doesn't even ask if the person is a certified diver.
Would you let your 8 or 9 year old post here? I sure wouldn't. This is not really a place for kids.

Would you let your 8 or 9 year old post here? I sure wouldn't. This is not really a place for kids.

If a kid of mine were seriously interested in diving, yes I would.
Your feelings don't mean there are no kids here. Talking about age, not mentality.

I joined SB in '07 at age 53 but now am 66 next month and in the group with the most votes. I'm a little surprised this group leads. But considering the amount of free time us retirees have I guess it makes sense. It's probably not indicative of the general age of all divers.

Hoping not to skew the poll at its conclusion, even though my birthday isn't until Friday, I went ahead and put myself at 70.

Hoping not to skew the poll at its conclusion, even though my birthday isn't until Friday, I went ahead and put myself at 70.

Happy Birthday, sexy.

I joined SB in '07 at age 53 but now am 66 next month and in the group with the most votes. I'm a little surprised this group leads. But considering the amount of free time us retirees have I guess it makes sense. It's probably not indicative of the general age of all divers.
It is indicative of the age of divers that I see diving.

I apologize. I clicked the wrong box when I set up the poll. It should no longer be public.
Why 0-9? Because we know there have been a number of folks in the 10-19 category, on the low end in fact. Not good practice to have a poll where you assume you already know the answer. Why is no one concerned about the 90-99 category? That's there because we know there are folks in the 80-89 category....

Added: I've made it possible to change your vote, in case anybody was screwing around and decided to play nice instead.

Do you really think that there are 1-9 year olds on Scubaboard?

Do you think 0 year olds should be eligible to vote?

(If you say no, that's ageism. Or is that temporal discrimination? -- I can never remember.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom