• 70-79

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • 80-89

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 90-99

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I for one found the results interesting but not all that surprising once I reflected on them.

About half are in the age 50 o 70.

Most people here are serious divers with lots of experience diving, some younger people just starting out and curious, some obviously headed to become serious divers.

Pretty close to what I am seeing at dive resorts. The 50 to 70 range are pretty well all serious divers, younger people some are trying it out, some are very interested and a few are headed to become serious divers in about the same percentage as the poll showed. lots of younger people dipping their fins in the ocean, but they are not represented here. Remember we are not the typical diver profile, we are generally much more experienced and serious divers than most.

Those that just experimented with diving got it out of their system before they turned 50 and so most 50 plus are serious divers. ( Always a couple exceptions, people ticking something off their bucket list after retirement.)

I took diving up at age 47. Still going at 51 (in 3 days).
Happy Birthday!

it’s too easy to be idealistic when you are not paying your own bills and taxes...

:rofl3: I heard there were those 40 year olds had to move in with their parents a decade or so ago. I'm sure they got very idealistic very fast back then.

I agree that SB is not at all representative of age groups for diving. In my 4 seasons assisting OW courses the vast majority of students were maybe 18-late twenties. Now, this has been discussed before on threads where the theme was that young people just aren't taking up diving and/or sticking with it. Some have said the opposite of what I saw in that the age range of OW students is much older.
I'm surprised at this: Currently:
10-19--- no votes.
20-29 only 9 votes (same as 70-79)
You may think younger people spend more time on social media?

I took diving up at age 47. Still going at 51 (in 3 days).

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to marie13, happy birthday to you..... In 3 days

I agree that SB is not at all representative of age groups for diving. In my 4 seasons assisting OW courses the vast majority of students were maybe 18-late twenties. Now, this has been discussed before on threads where the theme was that young people just aren't taking up diving and/or sticking with it. Some have said the opposite of what I saw in that the age range of OW students is much older.
I'm surprised at this: Currently:
10-19--- no votes.
20-29 only 9 votes (same as 70-79)
You may think younger people spend more time on social media?
Chill. Give it time. The poll is less than 6h old. Give it a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom