• 70-79

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • 80-89

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 90-99

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You may think younger people spend more time on social media?

Forming "interest groups" on BBSes and Usenet is soo twentieth century gramps. Soshal midja is selfie sharing.

I took diving up at age 47. Still going at 51 (in 3 days).

Wow, on the 20th?

We share a birthday, I just showed up 19 years sooner!

Hang in there, it keeps getting better.

39 and holding.

The poll is showing how internet usage is changing as much as the actual demographics of divers. The younger the user, the lower the percentage of their online time is spent on the web versus mobile apps. Web forum usage in particular had never been picked up by smartphone generations. They use Facebook, YouTube diy videos or the Reddit app instead.

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to marie13, happy birthday to you..... In 3 days

Need to sing it twice during handwashing :p

The poll is showing how internet usage is changing as much as the actual demographics of divers. The younger the user, the lower the percentage of their online time is spent on the web versus mobile apps. Web forum usage in particular had never been picked up by smartphone generations. They use Facebook, YouTube diy videos or the Reddit app instead.

I'm old, uh, older, uh, mature and I read Reddit. I haven't been able to figure out why if Reddit is OK for younger divers,why not here. Perhaps it's because I'm reading it on the internet instead of in its app?

Partially because many websites built for desktop/large screen formats are difficult to impossible to navigate on smartphone. SB isn't as bad as others but can still give users on mobile some headaches.

Wait, are you talking about actual diving or is this a diving app on your smartphone? XD
I'm old, uh, older, uh, mature and I read Reddit. I haven't been able to figure out why if Reddit is OK for younger divers,why not here. Perhaps it's because I'm reading it on the internet instead of in its app?
I'm feeling snarky tonight.
upload_2020-3-17_21-45-3.png
SB2.JPG

Partially because many websites built for desktop/large screen formats are difficult to impossible to navigate on smartphone. SB isn't as bad as others but can still give users on mobile some headaches.

I'm feeling snarky tonight.
View attachment 574690 View attachment 574692

LOL, yes #2, definitely a problem but we've been working on it.

I do everything here on my phone since my computer broke down. I bought a replacement quite some time ago but never got around to firing the thing up again. I know it's crazy but the only thing that I can't do on my phone, that I'd like to do, is Word. And that could probably be done if I figured it out cuz "there's an app for that". Ha

Too much of a pain though

I can't vote. 102 here.

Just kidding. 42 is my age - I think...

Age is something that doesn't matter. Unless you're a cheese.

Are you implying that my 50+ years of diving experience don't matter?

Back
Top Bottom