Charters in Palm Beach and Broward Counties opened back up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm scheduled with Jupiter Dive Center on Tuesday May 5th
1st trip for me since January with the lemons!!

My camera will not function below 50ft (the camera cost $350; the housing is $300!). My buddy took some gopro shots. Will see about posting.

I must say, having only 8 divers onboard was fantastic. Everyone was super nice and kept a neck gaiter on until the scuba mask was on. The seas were calm, the visibility spectacular. Life felt good.

The only sad thing is that the big lemon shark had a hook and line running from its mouth with a large sinker on the line being dragged behind. No way to get close enough to cut it off.

Turtle nesting season is here so the loggerheads are close. We saw two about 5ft across. One was being cleaned.

Going out again the next three weekends. Waiting for the Caymans to open up!

Stellar day. Water was 80, viz was good... even with the out going tide this morning. But a fairly new acquaintance and newly certified diver asked to come along. I'm usually hesitant, but he's an intensivist who has been working his butt of non-stop for the past month so I was glad to to have him. We stopped for a beer on the way in, handed me a note with a phone number. Call it and, he'll meet you and take care of the boat. Wow!! never had anything like that happen. This kid washed the boat rinsed the dive gear. I went to tip him and he said it's been taken care of. That's how you get invited back.

My camera will not function below 50ft (the camera cost $350; the housing is $300!). My buddy took some gopro shots. Will see about posting.

I must say, having only 8 divers onboard was fantastic. Everyone was super nice and kept a neck gaiter on until the scuba mask was on. The seas were calm, the visibility spectacular. Life felt good.

The only sad thing is that the big lemon shark had a hook and line running from its mouth with a large sinker on the line being dragged behind. No way to get close enough to cut it off.

Turtle nesting season is here so the loggerheads are close. We saw two about 5ft across. One was being cleaned.

Going out again the next three weekends. Waiting for the Caymans to open up!

I would not hold your breath on the Caymans opening anytime soon. Things seem to be moving at a very deliberate, slow, snail type pace here. Best SWAG type guess seems to be fall at the earliest.

I would not hold your breath on the Caymans opening anytime soon. Things seem to be moving at a very deliberate, slow, snail type pace here. Best SWAG type guess seems to be fall at the earliest.

Yes. Sad. We rescheduled our mid-March trip to August thinking...surely the world will functioning by then. Now considering a rescheduling of the rescheduled trip to November.

... Call it and, he'll meet you and take care of the boat. Wow!! never had anything like that happen. This kid washed the boat rinsed the dive gear. ..
That's pretty cool..........But a few more details please.

Did the kid meet you at:
* His house
*Your house
* the boat ramp/marina/etc

And what general town / area?

Just for info, there is a tight group team of spearo friends in the Jup/WPB area. They have a person who preps their boat the night before(gas/drinks/tanks/gear/etc and then does the cleanup after, in reverse. The person is well compensated and you can't believe amount of different lobster/fish filet baggies he takes home in addition to money. And he is frequently taken out on comp dives too. It's an incredible side gig for a student. I think that also is the allure of boat club memberships.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom