Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't had a chance yet to get my suit in the water but I've got to say how impressive their shipping times are. My estimated dispatch date was October 9, the suit shipped from the UK on October 5 and arrived on my porch in California 2 days later. 48 hours from the UK, through customs and into my hands. I don't know what sort of customs bill I'll get but right now, I'm very happy with FedEx.

I've been considering one of these for a while, but the whole thought process sped up a bit after the zip failed on my current suit last weekend. After double checking the measurements and agonising over all the options, I finally pulled the trigger on it this afternoon. Thanks to all for sharing their experience and advice on here.

So what did you get?

So what did you get?

Major choices:
Quick neck system with warm neck
SiTech QCS ovals
neoprene socks
full telescoping
2 x large bellows pockets

Other stuff: DIR dump placement, zip cover, kept the metal zip, wider braces, comfort inflation patch, computer straps

Biggest decisions were socks vs boots and whether to go replaceable seals. Might one day decide to go dry gloves but replaceable seals was the main decision. Likewise might one day go for a pee valve as many people advocate, but it can always be stuck on afterwards.

I thought I’d post my order.
Nova in black with socks, no logo or reflective material
Plastic zipper with cover. P-valve. Added Si-tech valves and moved dump to dir position. Si-tech oval cuff rings. Quick neck. Simple warm neck, inflation patch, crotch reinforcement, suspenders, allowance for thick garments, telescopic torso, large zippered pockets.
250 under suit, shorty and socks.
Ordered September 8, shipping November 27.

Ready to place my order, wanted to post it for critique.

Seaskin Nova with:
Plastic YKK zip, dry zip cover, Quick Neck, simple warm neck, DIR dump, comfort patch, neoprene socks, kevlar knee pads, PU elbow pads, PU shoulder pads, telescopic torso, no logos, no reflective tape, bag upgrade, large zipped pockets, computer straps, 150 gram undersuit, warm neck hood.

No pee valve; when I get to the point it becomes worth using I can add it.
150 gram suit aimed at 40F diving because layering is the solution to all things.

Two questions for the thread: first, does anyone have photos of the blue suit with red arms, and second, did anyone get the Sitech dump valve instead of the Apeks?

Thanks for any input, and to @stuartv for introducing me to Seaskin through this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom