Which gear is the same as which other gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or you can take a chance and buy them direct from the factory via Alibaba for under $20 each (plus shipping, minimum order is 10).
So..., does rolling wrong mean:
- some in the $200 order are bad or
- all are bad in the same way and you have 10 really light small battons?

Well instead of servicing 5 or 6 regulators you could probably just get the Apeks and the Sherwood serviced and be set for a couple years.

I would splurge for the peregrine now and if you decide to pursue deco diving in the future just sell it and get something else at that time. it will hold its value.

When starting this thread, I thought it would be simply putting together a list or table, such as the list of flashlights that lowwall provided. I should probably consolidate my gear, somewhat. I have a brother and sister in law that are divers, who live in SC, so I like having gear they could borrow. I also have two kids who might like to dive someday (the oldest is going to be 12 soon.) So, I have picked up BCDs in a variety of sizes... just in case. :)

I do know that when somebody asks for assistance on choosing gear, there are many "it depends" caveats, so I wasn't going to dig into that... yet. :)

Is the kit for the ATX100 the same as the TX100 and TX50? I don't know what changes the "A" indicates.

yes, the A is the "next gen" second stage, but the kits remain the same. It is also the same as the XTX series which again is just a cosmetic upgrade to the second stage housing.

A hose is a hose until it blows, then it sucks.

Atomic regs are the same just different material. that's what I have been told..

The is true, the mechanical part of the first stages are the same. There have been a couple minor changes in the second stages over the years put they are largely the same.

If you want something new that you can service and is one of the best regulators out there buy Atomic built and design here in the USA.

If you want something new that you can service and is one of the best regulators out there buy Atomic built and design here in the USA.

except you can't service them yourself and they no longer qualify for Made in USA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom