Which gear is the same as which other gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I service both 1st and 2nd last month with OEM kits. You saying they’ve outsourced manufacturing?

You still can't get the repair manuals or take the course though even if you can get the kits. The dealers aren't supposed to be selling the kits though so I wouldn't publish who you got them from.

Their regulators no longer qualify for "Made in USA", I promise, if they could use put that on their marketing material they would, same with Oceanic/Hollis. Some of their manufacturing has been sent overseas from the same companies that OEM for many other manufacturers.

You still can't get the repair manuals or take the course though even if you can get the kits. The dealers aren't supposed to be selling the kits though so I wouldn't publish who you got them from.

Their regulators no longer qualify for "Made in USA", I promise, if they could use put that on their marketing material they would, same with Oceanic/Hollis. Some of their manufacturing has been sent overseas from the same companies that OEM for many other manufacturers.

I guess this maybe deceiving:
Atomic Aquatics established Atomica R&D, our own private manufacturing facility, located in the hotbed of leading-edge Southern California aerospace and technology firms. Atomica proudly follows California’s strict environmental and recycling standards to produce high-performance dive equipment. While others outsource to third-world countries, Atomic Aquatics’s critical components are produced and assembled here under our stringent criteria.

I guess this maybe deceiving:
Atomic Aquatics established Atomica R&D, our own private manufacturing facility, located in the hotbed of leading-edge Southern California aerospace and technology firms. Atomica proudly follows California’s strict environmental and recycling standards to produce high-performance dive equipment. While others outsource to third-world countries, Atomic Aquatics’s critical components are produced and assembled here under our stringent criteria.

Please note the usage of "critical components", that is important. That does not qualify as Made in USA...

Wonder if the Scubapro A700 case is made overseas.

Do you know it the A700 is made in Italy?

I'm not sure where the bodies are made.

On the Apeks front, you can't get service kits officially from them either, and because they're made in the UK, their chrome plating is vastly inferior to the PVD used by companies like Deep 6.

Back
Top Bottom