Wing comparison advice wanted...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gqllc007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Needing a new wing for single tank and for traveling. Will be using a SS back plate and not for dry suit...warm water diving...open to all suggestions...would like quality wing but not too bulky for travel
1) OMS performance mono donut wing 27lb or 32 lb lift
2) Hollis S25 LX series 25lb
3) DIve gear Express DGX 30lb single tank wing
4) Or any other recommendations for the go to wing?

1-crappy company
2-crappy company
3-made in USA by the same people that make Dive Rite wings
4-I love the Vintage Double Hose wings which are similar to the Oxycheq's. I have one of each and they're way higher quality than any of the three above but are a bit heavy for travel. I recently got a Deep6 single tank wing and @LandonL and @cerich did a great job on that and it's quick dry which is also really nice

I have a deep six rag and I’ve dealt with Landon before I didn’t even think about them

I would second the oxycheq wing as a great quality product. I have both 30 and 40 and really like the tall/narrow donut design with the heavyweight cover and accessible internal bladder. Feels very stable and helps maintain correct trim. The only watch out for me is the entrance and exit holes of the tank strap slots are pretty close together - which won’t matter if using an STA. The bottom dump valve is on the left side which can be awkward if slinging a pony/stage on the left.

1-crappy company
2-crappy company
4-I love the Vintage Double Hose wings which are similar to the Oxycheq's. I have one of each and they're way higher quality than any of the three above but are a bit heavy for travel. I recently got a Deep6 single tank wing and @LandonL and @cerich did a great job on that and it's quick dry which is also really nice

haha you read my mind. I would write the same responses for 1, 2, 3, 4, and add on to 4 that I like the apeks wtx d18 but might be harder to get Apeks wing in the US my vote is for Oxycheq. Very good quality wing, that thing will last you a life time literally don't think you can wear it out.

I have two singles wings. I love them both. Top quality, long lasting, reliable, great manufacturer support. One is a Halcyon Eclipse 30# and the other is a Light Monkey 28#. I’d recommend either one.

Just having traveled to Maui and back, the Deep 6 wing folded up nicely. However, I expect all wings to fold up nicely. It does dry faster than any other wing I've had, which is nice for travel but not a big deal for local diving.

1-crappy company
2-crappy company

The VDH wing specs say the grommet holes are at 9.5" and 12" will their wing fit a plate or soft pac that has standard 11" spacing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom