Failed Hydro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes it does. I need to read more about hydro testing. I hate not being able to talk "the talk" and know what I'm talking about. I will print out the PST D100 to take with me and make sure that's what they did. I also don't want to be a pain in the butt if they did it correctly by not knowing what I'm talking about.
Dead tanks are handy to have in the shop for rigging back plates etc.

Dead tanks are handy to have in the shop for rigging back plates etc.

I'll put it to use doing something. Might be my new tank to pump some pressure in and blow / dry out the other tanks after cleaning... Could be an LP O2 tank for pp blending.... lots of ideas.

No matter what, it will NOT be a wind chime, lol.

I have and bought so many used tanks and never had a failed hydro or even a need for tumble...

For a hydro failure of HP steel is it just wear and tear or abuse from overfill?

I have and bought so many used tanks and never had a failed hydro or even a need for tumble...

For a hydro failure of HP steel is it just wear and tear or abuse from overfill?

I can't 100% swear that they did the correct procedure. I was really taken back as it's only my 10th tank. What are the odds? I hear its very rare... I guess I'm just unlucky.

="rob.mwpropane, post: 9296152, memb
I talked to the guy at the hydro shop. The tank has already been XXX'd.

I don't think they have the right to XXX out your tank without your permission.
A friend had this happen to him and he took the dive shop to a small claims court and won.

Every time something like this happens you lose more of your freedoms.
If a dive shop doesn't want to fill your tanks that's their right, but they don't have the right to condemn your tanks. Fight Back ! ! !

Overexpanded by 2 PSI is nonsensical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom