Failed Hydro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob,

It was a pleasure to meet you and I am glad to hear that you are ecstatic for our service.

We always enjoy taking on these task as it's different for our normal day to day. Some hydrotest facilities sometimes forget that these special permitted cylinders require special testing procedure and testing pressure.

We are always looking to help and if your cylinders don't require hydro-test, so not hesitate to reach out.

I maybe slow to reply on the forum, but I will get back to you promptly.

EB.
I knew you had a name on here, but couldn't remember it. Was an absolute pleasure... will 100% repeat and send everyone I know your way!!

Did the first shop ever give a more clear explanation as to how it failed (e.g. expanded by 10cc when only 8cc was allowed)?

Did the new place test the same tank and find it to be within specifications? I'm curious what all went wrong.

Did the first shop ever give a more clear explanation as to how it failed (e.g. expanded by 10cc when only 8cc was allowed)?

Did the new place test the same tank and find it to be within specifications? I'm curious what all went wrong.
You know, I still have that tank. I really should have taken it down to get tested but I didn't. I just needed to get these done because I needed a few of them for vacation.

The other shop was more of an industrial shop. They had tons of larger tanks and O2 bottles. Pretty massive operation. The guy that tested it apologized that it failed. He did give me a paper on it, but I don't know enough to know what I'm looking at. I didn't find out about the "85%-90% for 30+ seconds and then release and test" until after it had already failed.

The reason why I at least "think" they did it wrong is because he was very apologetic and said he wouldn't charge me for the failure (which to me sounded like he knew they had some fault in it). Of all the tanks I own, it's the one I would have chosen to fail... so there's that I guess. One of 2 HP 80's. The downside is it was a matching set. If I got it tested and it passed I just wouldn't be able to get anyone else to fill it beside myself... maybe one day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom