Have you ever used scuba equipment you absolutely hated!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'Wasted $ on Flexible snorkel...
1646523236044.png

Got it to use when surface conditions get choppy. Too short/floppy for big waves.

Also dislike strain relievers on the ends of hoses, as they collect crud and hide potential problems.

Majority of new design snorkel keepers, are suspect over the octo holder style.

'Nuff said...

Regulators that breathed wet -- thankfully, not mine -- and BCs, specifically ScubaPro, that were the old jacket style, common to rental fleets, that inflated all around, like an overly-affectionate python . . .

The Cousteau Constant Volume Suit is a whole new dimension in hating a piece of gear:

1646523980602.png

You squeeze in through the vulcanized collar ring and the hood with built-in mask and double hose mouthpiece is built-in. Regulator hosed screw onto the mouthpiece. Now power inflator of OVP (Over Pressure Valve). There are duck bill valves on both legs.

You blow air past the mouthpiece or into the mask to prevent suit squeeze.

1646524802967.png

The is a far better test for claustrophobia than getting bolted into one of these with the ports painted black.

1646525021272.png

ScubaPro Classic jacket BC. Cumbersome, clunky, piss poor weight system, and would be a pain to cut off of someone in an emergency. And now they are close to $1000 retail. I'd use 2 rubber water bottles and a slab of plywood before I'd choose one of those.

ScubaPro Classic jacket BC. Cumbersome, clunky, piss poor weight system, and would be a pain to cut off of someone in an emergency. And now they are close to $1000 retail. I'd use 2 rubber water bottles and a slab of plywood before I'd choose one of those.

It one of the best BC's I have ever used and the most stable above and underwater and definitely most durable. No issues getting somebody out of it in an emergency without having to cut it. The one I have in my locker is more than 20 years old and it is still in great shape. It is the best when I have to swim for a long distance on the surface to get to the drop point. It is soo comfortable to swim with it on the surface face-in water or on back. It never tries to tip you over. It is also keeps you upright when you want to be head up and is the best when there are big waves and you are on the surface waiting for the boat to come to pick you up. It can float me above surface with water at chest level no problem.

It is the longest surviving BC in SP's history. It has been in the line since the 70's and still in the product line today.

Regulators that breathed wet -- thankfully, not mine -- and BCs, specifically ScubaPro, that were the old jacket style, common to rental fleets, that inflated all around, like an overly-affectionate python . . .
LOL just went back to mine.

I had been using a standard recreational BC from Mares (for maybe 125 dives) that a friend gave me for free and the one pocket soon ripped off, the back pad was fraying and it just didn't fit right or hold the tank in a good stable position. Fabric really seemed to be of poorer quality too. Not even worth what I paid for it, it seems.

The old SP stab jacket is a beast! And there is NOTHING more comfortable when waiting on the surface for pickup when it is rough. I did add a crotch strap on it - which helps anchor a scooter towing ring.

Edit: And I don't need a weight system with it.. I just use a weight belt. Funny how our opinions can differ so wildly.

so yall hate Air2's because you accidentally grab your snorkel, or you just have trouble inflating your bcd? you could just inflate between breaths, and put the snorkel on the other side of you head.

Never used a air 2, never will a small amount of common sense tells you they are horrible in a real world situation if the other is panicked, which is likely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom