1 month in Philippines in march

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can break up the journey in Bohol by going to Cabilao.

There is no reason to fly to Clark if you want to go to Anilao and PG unless you want to dive those wrecks in Subic Bay.
Go to PG first because there is water to be crossed and weather can be unpredictable. Private transfer from Manila to PG is ridiculously expensive US$300.00 while public can be as low as US$30.00pp.

You can break up the journey in Bohol by going to Cabilao.

There is no reason to fly to Clark if you want to go to Anilao and PG unless you want to dive those wrecks in Subic Bay.
Go to PG first because there is water to be crossed and weather can be unpredictable. Private transfer from Manila to PG is ridiculously expensive US$300.00 while public can be as low as US$30.00pp.
But if I am coming from dumaguete and I want to go to PG from air what would be the easiest way ? Not through manila ?

This how to seems legit, I am not too sure if it is up to date

But if I am coming from dumaguete and I want to go to PG from air what would be the easiest way ? Not through manila ?
Manila is the only logical way. Clark is miles away north of the capital.

Manila is the only logical way. Clark is miles away north of the capital.
You are right. Sorry for this, it is just that sometimes the trips are cheaper going through Clark but indeed it is further north.

So following your advice about the sea you would go to PG first and then to Anilao on the way back ?

Would you have recomendations for both places in terms of dive center and place to stay (we look for queen size beds with private bathroom in not too over crowded places in the eco rang)

❤️

There is very good diving on Panglao, if you are in Tagbilaran anyway it makes sense to stay there and dive, and maybe leave one of the other fly to locations for a future trip.

There is very good diving on Panglao, if you are in Tagbilaran anyway it makes sense to stay there and dive, and maybe leave one of the other fly to locations for a future trip.
I already dived in Tagbilaran. Diving is very nice but life above the sea is not that nice imho. Very turistic at least in my memories.

But it is ok, we rather prefer going to Dauin and Siquijor that (in also my memories) are less crowded

So following your advice about the sea you would go to PG first and then to Anilao on the way back ?

Would you have recomendations for both places in terms of dive center and place to stay (we look for queen size beds with private bathroom in not too over crowded places in the eco rang)

❤️
Going/leaving to Anilao is very straight forward even if a typhoon is approaching/leaving. Cannot say the say on PG. However, if the weather forecast is favourable and your arrival in Manila is around noon then Anilao could save you ton of cash. Unfortunately you might have to book(pre-paid) the resort. Turning up at the doorstep is not recommended particularly if it is on Fri/Sat. For at least one resort there is extra boat transfer as well.
Many threads had been written on the unique charging of diving in Anilao.

They used to be in PG but moved to Anilao few yrs ago.

It is certainly in the very quiet part of Sabang.

I used public transfer most of the time unless there are a few to share the cost. The private boat transfer to PG is ridiculous. It is more than double when banca boat was allowed.

@Hcklo
Since you are based in Asia, I am going to suggest you should try to go to Sipalay instead of Anilao and PG. The place is just few hrs down the road from Dumaguete and diving is quite good as well. The beach is certainly quiet as very few divers made it there.

I am not sure if diving is available because of Covid.

But this one is certainly is:

There is another wreck in the same area.

Exit from Bacolod to Manila.

I already dived in Tagbilaran. Diving is very nice but life above the sea is not that nice imho. Very turistic at least in my memories.
It was not like that when I first went to Panglao in 1997. There were at most two concrete buildings and the rest were all built with bamboo.
This how to seems legit, I am not too sure if it is up to date
Bus is the easy part but the ferry schedule is another story.
The schedule by Island Water is NOT accurate particularly for the late afternoon departure. I have heard stories that the ferry were cancelled for apparent no reason.
Two options if you find yourself stranded at Batangas Pier:
1. Treveller's Inn

Stayed there once and well within walking distance but taking a trike would be so much easy(P50.00).

2. Calapan
Catch Ocean Jet etc and then I am afraid it will either jeepney or V-hire to Puerto Galera. I believe they stop running after 17:30.

I'm a Manila-based DM and have been guiding divers down in Anilao since 2016. If you end up wanting to go there, feel free to look me up and I can help you out. I know PG pretty well too. I can also give you some guidance on where to stay and eat in Manila, should you be spending any amount of time here.

Other than that, you've already gotten very good info from others ITT.

Safe travels and happy new year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom