10 lb. Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad weigh in wasn't Sunday, that would have been bad - full batch of brownies (uncooked of course) with peanut butter.

(I know what you're thinking...
STOP that snickering, yes I am a guy so I have no excuse for such indulgence.)

Down a whopping 1.0 to 209.6 this AM! Not bad, all things considered!

More importantly, motivation...

Just booked it...​

:chicken::bananalama::chicken:
:fruit: :monkeydan I'm going to the Keys! :monkeydan :fruit:
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

Na-Na Na-Na Boo Boo
Key Largo - Jan 26-28! (or longer)​

Clearly up here the cold water gets to our heads after a while!

Cool beans 3Dad! Have fun in the keys. And keep on keeping off!

I'm at 210. I've not gained or lost any. The good thing is that I've been very careful about what I eat and portion size. The scale should start being friendlier soon....

Triplet-You upcoming Keys dive sounds awesome!

UGH! I've watched what I eat, walk semi regular, etc., and still managed to maintain 219 for the second week in a row.. I'm very confuzzled, eating less than desirable food I was 6# lighter.. now I'm just stuck at this weight... hmm.. I think that come January I see my bike getting more usage, I'll have about 3 more hours in the day to work with then :)

Bulla... dont be disheartened... maintianing weight is very important also!

ok, have you written down a food diary for a week? write down times and what you are eating... my hubby had no idea he was snacking so much until he did. hubby is a weight lifter than eats 5 or 6 meals a day, one every 3 hours whereas i eat 3 meals per day with very strict 5hr breaks between them

also, "semi regular walk"... are you getting huffy puffy??? if your like me, im not a fast walker but i now walk up and down hills at my pace to get the heart beating a bit faster

Triplet... good luck with the ankle biters (cant belive you have 3!).. what about making fruit and salad platters with the kids... let them cut some of it up as a together thing... goodluck!

what do you think... can any of these help you??

You can do it riftvally 84! I dropped 45 in 7 months! It is possible, and Almity lost even more! Welcome to the losers club!

almitywife:
Triplet... good luck with the ankle biters (cant believe you have 3!).. what about making fruit and salad platters with the kids... let them cut some of it up as a together thing... good luck!

Almity - Are you seriously considering I arm them??? - I would be setting myself up for a mutiny!!!:rofl3:

Seriously though, it's a good idea. The kids love fruit and they love helping me make what ever meal I'm working on at the time. My biggest problem is that when they eat, I eat, and what is good and healthy for 3 year olds isn't necessarily the low calorie fat free stuff I should be eating. Not to mention my brain seems to tell me I'm full about 5 minutes after I should have stopped eating:( . It's easy to exercises self discipline when there isn't food around or I can avoid it.

Ugh, I missed so much this week. I was at out company's annual staff conference and I was afraid to get on the scale this week. :rofl3: Too much food. Most of it wasn't that good, but Thursday night we went to the U.N and man, everything was so good. And they supplied us with snacks during the breaks, and goody bags of junk food. It's so hard to resist. But I did bring some of them home for my son. :rofl3: Anyway, my jeans feel a little tighter. And this week is Thanksgiving....Will it ever end?

Fairy *slap* snap out of it girl!!!

grrrr - never trust the UN... those goodie bags are evil and they will bring down the entire western democracy if you let them!

put the candy down and step away from the turkey :D

The turkey's great...skip the stuffing and skin :wink:. A small slice of pumpkin pie actually has some good stuff in it, so have that for your treat (if you can stomach it, I hate pumpkin pie LOL). And if NJ is anything like the mid-west...yams do NOT need marshmallows on top.

You can do it - just make sure to work in some "you" time or take a couple of family members for a walk during the day just to catch up! Enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom