1000 posts and still not Red?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pro-tip: if you can't edit something for whatever reason, report your thread and tell the mods exactly how you want it to read.

...the response was to become a site supporter, then their name would be in neon blue...all liked the way the site acknowledged their contributions.

If you feel like you have to be acknowledged (with whatever it may be, different color on your name or a t-shirt or whatever) because you donated then it's not really a donation IMO, you're paying for something.
We donate to a few events/charities at my job, we never ask to be mentioned anywhere.
We sponsor some events/charities as well, which means we'll be mentioned in one way or another so in those cases we're really paying for something rather than donating.

A donation means you don't want/need/expect anything in return.
If you get something back you've really just made a purchase.

If you feel like you have to be acknowledged (with whatever it may be, different color on your name or a t-shirt or whatever) because you donated then it's not really a donation IMO, you're paying for something.
No need to vilify anyone over this. Our intent in creating this, and I believe most people's intent in having the banner, is to advertise the program and our need for the program. Every time someone sees the red ScubaBoard supporter and decides to go red, it's another success. We need your support and we love when peeps display their support.

This whole thread was started to "vilify" people for NOT being red!
Maybe, but others may see it differently.

I check-in at least once a day. I have made several friends on this board. I could keep going on for free, and did for the first few years, but there comes a point where you feel the need to subsidize what you want more of. So I went red for less than the tip for a nice dinner with friends...

See 1 A:
Ten Things Debaters Should Know About Economics

Maybe, but others may see it differently.

I check-in at least once a day. I have made several friends on this board. I could keep going on for free, and did for the first few years, but there comes a point where you feel the need to subsidize what you want more of. So I went red for less than the tip for a nice dinner with friends...

See 1 A:
Ten Things Debaters Should Know About Economics
That's great, but that's got nothing to do with why this thread was started.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom