133 for doubles? how common is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep I guesse it was for raising the Titanic but hey an oms dual bladder with no real visible wear let alone bleaching from the sun that looks brand new for less then 400 you would jump on that deal as well and even think of it in terms of horsepower does a man really need to use the full 500hp of a muscle car on a daily basis nope he doesn't but it's nice to know you have it if needed

err no i wouldn't. i bought a used halcyon explorer for £100. I can think of better things to spend 400 on...

It's excessive yes but a new oms wing here in canada right now is about 1000 new the only danger really is if the inflator was stuck in the open position in which cas yo cut the inflator hose and then switch to the secondary inflator hose but it would only malfunction due to lack of servicing

So you paid a proximate 200 canadian for your wing used
The wing I purchased was a steal it has dual bladder where if one bladder fails there is a backup it has the bugger wrapped wing which I was also looking for I would have gone smaller if the other wings were in as good of shape and had the same features I was looking for but they didn't and just cuz it has the lift capacity of 95lbs doesn't mean I will fully inflate it and around here 400 for an oms wing is a steal that and I trust oms they are a reputable company

(sorry for derailing the thread btw)

I've got a Halcyon 65# lift wing I'll sell you for $200, shipping included. It's only got maybe a dozen dives on it. I find it's too bulky but it'll be better than the OMS wing you have.

I initialy had one of those big OMS wings, mine was about 85# I believe, with my twin 130's. It actually caused me buoyancy issues at times as air would get trapped in pockets creating issues trying to deflate, and causing over inflation at times. Made it difficult to hold stops when doing my tec course. I switched to a 55# part way through my course and it is much better, not as bulking and way easier to control buoyancy.

I've got a Halcyon 65# lift wing I'll sell you for $200, shipping included. It's only got maybe a dozen dives on it. I find it's too bulky but it'll be better than the OMS wing you have.
Thanks for the offer but I will pass

Was the wing bungied

Yup the wing was bungied, in some cases I think that may have made it worse. Just my experience that such and oversized wing caused me issues, and I think you are using a smaller set than I am. Just food for thought, but I was in the same boat, got a really good price on the OMS when I was getting into doubles.

I see the thing is my lds hasn't steered me wrong when it came to buying gear there isn't a purchase I regret from them and a lot of the tec divers I dive with have large wings who knows maybe I will have bad luck maybe I won't it will be a learning experience for me though either way

Go with who you trust for sure. Your in Cornwall area right? Who do you use for a shop in that area, always wondered about fills down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom