1st Dive Report - Sandals Whitehouse, Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d3lphi

Registered
Reaction score
I just got back from doing my DSD at the Sandals in Whitehouse, Jamaica with DI Charles. It was really great just 3 students in a pool dedicated only for scuba class.

I only got in 2 dives due to time constraints and the weather conditions. Diving for the 1st day after class was canceled due to 4-6' swells and high winds, the next day wasn't that much better for my first ever dive, 3-4' swells, high winds and a 46' dive boat with at least 25 divers (only 10 cert'd) on it. I made it through fine no major concerns. It was only rough when on the surface. Vis was limited to about 10-12', but I didn't really have a basis for comparison and I really enjoyed it. This was Whitehouse Reef just off the resort in about 30-35' for about 25 minutes. There were lots of people adding to the limited vis but I still enjoyed the dive and didn't get sick like the others on the boat and made it back aboard safely up the pitching rodeo entry ladder...

1st Dive Pics:

The next day/dive was SOOOO much better. Only 6 other divers on this trip (not including the DM / DIs) One of Cert'd divers talked them into going somewhere besides the same reef they had dove twice already. We made our way west about 10 mins to Cottage Reef and had an excellent dive there to about 45' for 40 mins or so... Vis was much better about 20'+ and we we able to see much more marine life. (sting rays, lobsters, a very friendly remora, puffers, hogfish, serg. majors, grunts, and all manner of other fish I can't identify yet) It was an excellent dive. The cert'd couple said it was the best dive of the week for them and having only yesterday's dive to compare it I whole heartily agreed! One DSD couple got sick on this dive (their 1st dive after the class), but the couple I did my DSD was as psyched about it as I was!

2nd Dive Pics:

I really enjoyed diving and while I haven't ordered all my own gear yet, I am very sure I will be diving again and getting my OW this year.

Back
Top Bottom