1st Dive without instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a Smithsonian workshop reported in 2000 on the subject of reverse profiles. The proceedings are available through the Rubicon Research Repository (link to abstract is HERE). They concluded that there was no evidence to indicate significantly increased risk from diving reverse profiles as long as the dives were shallow and the depth differences were less than 40 feet.

There was a recent paper involving guinea pigs that showed more significant problems, but there were methodological issues with the study.

Most models will give you definitely shorter no-deco times if you dive reverse profiles.

How do they get those cute little Guinea Pigs in scuba gear? I'd love to see that! :wink:

How do they get those cute little Guinea Pigs in scuba gear? I'd love to see that!

The scuba units were easy, but the wet suits gave us some trouble. There were some complaints about shaving around the eyes for a good mask seal also....

Hey, it's all ABOUT the kelp. Get in there and look around. It's not going to bite and you can still stay with your buddy, it's not that thick. There's more going on in there than you can imagine, have fun! :)

Actually, we did get in there for a bit. However, sure enough....there was a moment that we got separated. Fortunately, we found each other quickly but it could have easily gone the other way. I didn't mind so much because it was in a VERY shallow area. I have since gotten a tank banger. I'll use a knife and if my buddy has no way to get my attention, I'll throw it on his/her tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom