1st wetsuit for this region.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been out to most of the wrecks off Va. Beach & would think that 4.5mm would be light. That 6.5 Semi-Dry is a good choice. I have 1 & have been in 49% for 40 mins. That Semi should come with a pretty nice hood. Gloves I normally us 2mm reef gloves & have 3mm full gloves for when I plan on a lengthy dive at depth.

RAD Diver:
I have been out to most of the wrecks off Va. Beach & would think that 4.5mm would be light. That 6.5 Semi-Dry is a good choice. I have 1 & have been in 49% for 40 mins. That Semi should come with a pretty nice hood. Gloves I normally us 2mm reef gloves & have 3mm full gloves for when I plan on a lengthy dive at depth.

RAD diver,

I got the semi for offshore deep stuff and Lake Rawlings and any off season cold weather diving. Now I'm trying to decide what Hyperstretch to get 5mm, 7/5mm or the full 7mm....

Thanks to everyone for their comments, REALLY appreciate it.

Well the semi will handle all your 7mm needs & if it gets too hot you can pop a seal & run water thru it.
So I would think a 3/2 or 5mm will do you more good for the warmer water you will encounter during the summer in N.C. I have a semi, a 3/2mm & a old drysuit with a new DUI CF200 on order.
Va. Beach will require the semi all year long I am sad to say, but the diving is not bad for the distance to travel.

Alright, I'll give you my two cents. I'm not from your area but during a few upper 50s lower 60s dives I found that an Akona 6 mil two piece worked great. Nice and strechy, nice and warm, nicely priced. It gives you 12 mils across your core and I personally have been very impressed with the women's models (my brother seems to like the mens as well). I was even able to use the shorty for a 73 degree dive so it gives you a little versitlity.

I am probably the least experienced guy here, but here's my 2 cents for what little it's worth. I talked to a bunch of folks about the same topic and consensus was a semi dry was the best all around bang for the buck. I found a place on ebay that sold me a brand new, unopened still in the packaging, H2Odyssey 7mm semi-dry, with hood, for $125.00. Total was 138.00 with shipping. I tried it in Rawlings this past weekend and it worked great, absolutely no issues with the cold. Water was reported to me at 46 degrees surface. If you are interested in more info on the seller, drop me a line.

Back
Top Bottom