2 strobes or 1 strobe/1 focus light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdizzle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Okay so I have a NEX 5N with Nauticam housing and 1 YS-D1 Strobe.
Is it more beneficial to have 2 strobes (another D1) or 1 Strobe and a focus light? Wide angle and macro alike, have no preference one over the other. Just like my pictures to have color rather then be blue :)

Okay so I have a NEX 5N with Nauticam housing and 1 YS-D1 Strobe.
Is it more beneficial to have 2 strobes (another D1) or 1 Strobe and a focus light? Wide angle and macro alike, have no preference one over the other. Just like my pictures to have color rather then be blue :)

In my book there is no argument - I would buy another flash, as powerful yet small as you can afford. I have messed around with focus lights and they are more of a nuisance than a help particularly with moving objects ie most of the things you want to photograph.

The only proviso would be if you wanted to do video and wanted a second light as a video light. Not sure how it works or what you would buy or how it would affect your still photo's as I don't do video.

Two strobes.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom