2006 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another Auburn fan here.. more worried about Arkie than I should be. This game has all the signs of a trap game (they're 2-0 SEC, early kickoff, we play UF next week, etc). If we can somehow survive this weekend, the AU/UF game will be HUGE - especailly if they can get by LSU.

Lots of good SEC games this week.. AU/UA, UGa/UT, LSU/UF.

I'll be watching them all and then heading to Fort Lauderdale Sunday monring to do some diving (sunday afternoon and Monday)... first time I will have dove there. don't know much about the area but am diving with Pro Dive.

chester:
Another Auburn fan here.. more worried about Arkie than I should be. This game has all the signs of a trap game (they're 2-0 SEC, early kickoff, we play UF next week, etc). If we can somehow survive this weekend, the AU/UF game will be HUGE - especailly if they can get by LSU.

Lots of good SEC games this week.. AU/UA, UGa/UT, LSU/UF.

I'll be watching them all and then heading to Fort Lauderdale Sunday monring to do some diving (sunday afternoon and Monday)... first time I will have dove there. don't know much about the area but am diving with Pro Dive.

If I hadn't been watching it, I never would have believed it. It might not hurt the conference race as much, since Arkansas still has LSU to play....but the national championship hopes are out the window now.

Well, I'm an Auburn fan and in my opinion, Auburn hasn't played like a National Championship the last couple games. They got real lucky in a few places.

However, it seems that today, their luck ran out.

Arkansas just beat Auburn "fair and square".

It was clear that Auburn was not prepared for this game and that Arkansas played the better game.

mike_s:
Well, I'm an Auburn fan and in my opinion, Auburn hasn't played like a National Championship the last couple games. They got real lucky in a few places.

However, it seems that today, their luck ran out.

Arkansas just beat Auburn "fair and square".

It was clear that Auburn was not prepared for this game and that Arkansas played the better game.

I agree with you. Saw this coming, but, man I wanted the Tigers to win! sigh....Their corners are just not as fast as they should be..

On the other hand, my other Tiger team (Clemson) came back in the 4th.

I thought for sure Georgia would handle Tennessee, especially at Sanford. I can't believe the way the Vols trimmed the Hedges. Is Tennessee really that good??

ScubaTexan:
I thought for sure Georgia would handle Tennessee, especially at Sanford. I can't believe the way the Vols trimmed the Hedges. Is Tennessee really that good??

They're pretty good. But GA helped them some. :shakehead

Well the week 7 AP Poll is out.

Auburn dropped like a rock, which I expected (and they deserved after how poorly they played. Florida jumped up to number 2.

Week 7 AP Top 10 (plus SEC teams in Top 25)
1. Ohio State (63) 6-0 1,623
2. Florida 6-0 1,516
3. USC 5-0 1,451
4. Michigan 6-0 1,429
5. West Virginia (2) 5-0 1,416
6. Texas 5-1 1,294
7. Louisville 5-0 1,247
8. Tennessee 5-1 1,159
9. Notre Dame 5-1 1,068
10. California 5-1 1,017
11. Auburn 5-1 943
14. LSU 4-2 693