2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think lifting in the morning is my thing. Rowing, walking, or cycling in the morning is mindless enough for me to handle, but moving weight around is a different ball game. Also, my body is stiff and takes a while to get moving. Nevertheless, I wanted to give it a shot since we had a house showing tonight that would interfere with my normal evening time frame.

I want to start working on some transition movements that "grease the groove" for me to perform muscle ups. I can do chinups on the rings with my hands in a "false grip" position, but I can't transition my body through the middle part of the movement to get to the dip to get above the rings. I found a nice explanation sheet and supporting video for things to help me workup to it, so I need to start using it.

Muscle-Up Ring Rows (false grip)
(Rings waist high, heels on the ground, extend/lean back from rings with legs locked and arms straight to begin rep. Bend and pull from arms, like a chinup, but don't finish out as a dip... work slowly through any transitional sticking points... adjust heal starting position to vary difficulty)
5 reps x 3

Front Squats
(light weight, good upright posture, pause at the bottom on the medicine ball before driving out)
135# x 5

Kettlebell Windmills
50# x 3/side
(left shoulder very solid, right shoulder slightly unstable... couldn't hold bell rock solid overhead with left fingers touching the ground... I can feel that ever-so-slight burn deep in my right shoulder indicating my targeted rotator cuff muscles got some work..... using the heavier weights, I can also feel it in my obliques)

That's funny, I did the same thing on Sunday ... 21 miles on a trail that follows a river. Couldn't believe how fast I was cooking along on the way out ... thinking to myself, boy those workouts are really paying off. I felt like I was hardly working.

Then we turned around and realized we'd had a 25 kt tailwind pushing us along ... which we were now going to have to pedal into the whole way back ... :shocked2:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

:rofl3::rofl3:
(not laughing at you, just the situation.. been there, done that!)
We had that a year ago when we did the Everglades ride.. with kids. NO fun hearing them whine. This year, the kids are a year older and smarter, and the wind changed directions. Sweet...

Hang Clean two check-in luggage full of tech gear onto airline counter scale: each @ 28kg (and no overweight charges from either Singapore or Sri Lanka Airlines:buggy: !)

Overhead military press into jetliner carry-on bin: 15kg bag full of six assembled doubles & deco regulators, two divemasks, PLB, Netbook Computer and a Balanzza electronic mini-scale. . .

Arrived at first stopover Narita/Tokyo, temperature 8deg C/46F outside; second stopover Singapore at 1am in morning --29deg C/84F-- feels great to be in shape & in the tropics again!

Tomorrow, Batticaloa Sri Lanka and the WWII British Aircraft Carrier sunk-in-action, HMS Hermes. . .

Managed to amuse myself long enough to stick with the eliptical for 45 minutes of cardio last night by watching friends rock climb in the gym. Something's out in my hand so no rock climbing for a little while.

It's a beautiful spring day, thinking about hitting the gym for a little back/bi, perhaps there will time for dog walking cardio to check out the spring bloom on the hills looking out over SF Bay.

had a nice hike with the dogs today, only 2 miles but a challenging trail.

I think one of my most challenging trails ever was "only" 1 mile long - often distance doesn't really matter :)!

2xTravel luggage each with 65lbs of tech gear: front squat into rear cargo area of SUV.
15lbs of regulators (six total) in carry-on: military shoulder press reps in preparation for placement in jetliner's overhead storage bin.

Overseas, on the road and halfway-around-the-world in the Indian Ocean --this time for most of the month:D!

now that's a workout I'd love to do!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom