2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My back feels much better so started the new week out well with 45 minute cardio on the eliptical last night. Today met a good friend for 1.5 hours of climbing at the rock climbing gym.

Congrats on the house Bob.

Thanks Kathy!

I've been hobbled the past two days. Been doing my barbell and kettlebell lifting barefoot and I think the new stress has gotten to my left foot. Very strained and the throbbing has woken me up in the middle of the night the past two. Last night was rough.... not so bad when I'm sitting upright or wearing shoes, but that's not conducive for sleeping. I guess a classic case of overdoing it and stressing my high arches.

Congrats Bob, but sorry to hear about the foot. Get some rest! Thursdy brings cycling class in the AM and some running in the PM. Should be tired tonight!!

Vibram five fingers... looking at them.. really want a pair.....anybody ever use them?

Vibram five fingers... looking at them.. really want a pair.....anybody ever use them?

I've been trying to "prep" my feet to get ready to use them. Penny said she owes me a pair for my birthday. One guy at the gym was even doing Olympic weightlifting in them. I'd like to try them for hikes on wooded (non-paved) trails.

My sprained foot was still bothering me, but at least I was able to soundly sleep last night for the first time in three nights.

I wanted to work with my shoulders, so I decided on doing 1/2 turkish getups I'd seen on the Pavel DVD. This way I wouldn't have to stand up like the full TGU.

1/2 Turkish Getup
15# x 3/side
25# x 3/side
35# x 3/side

I had a nice shoulder burn going and could definitely feel it in my core. I didn't dare try that with the 50# Kettlebell though. Need to do the lower weights more first.

I have seen a lot of people using them around the SF area - but they scare me a bit, as does barefoot running. That doesn't mean I still don't find it intriguing.

Interesting article:
The Story Behind Barefoot Running | Active.com

I've been trying to "prep" my feet to get ready to use them. Penny said she owes me a pair for my birthday. One guy at the gym was even doing Olympic weightlifting in them. I'd like to try them for hikes on wooded (non-paved) trails.

The first time I saw them a young guy just finished a 5K (on warming pavement!). Been hearing some buzz and am thinking that they would be great for running and kayaking. IRS check is burning a hole in my pocket.....

Back
Top Bottom