2012 SEC Football

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't yall just love people with a sense of humor?

Sent from my ADR6350 using my Fumble Thumbs :D

---------- Post Merged on August 10th, 2012 at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous Post was on August 9th, 2012 at 10:33 AM ----------

What are y'all's thoughts on the new kick-off rule this year?

Kick-off from the 35 (not 30.) Touch back results in ball coming out to the 25 (not 20.)

I've read that some coaches will opt for a "sky ball" kick. Others will kick it out of bounds, resulting in penalty yardage and a possible kick without a touch back.

The rule change is supposedly for player safety. Does it help? Is it a waste of time and a detraction from the game?

I am all for and understand the need for safety for the kids playing at the college level, however it's a shame it comes at the expense of what is a potentially game changing exciting opportunity---the Kickoff Return

---------- Post Merged at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Insta-Gator: I cannot tell you how many times I have asked myself your question of the day!

:D

Kick-off from the 35 (not 30.) Touch back results in ball coming out to the 25 (not 20.)

I've read that some coaches will opt for a "sky ball" kick. Others will kick it out of bounds, resulting in penalty yardage and a possible kick without a touch back.

The rule change is supposedly for player safety. Does it help? Is it a waste of time and a detraction from the game?

Still trying to work through the thought process on this one...
"OK, so for, player safety, we'll move the kickoffs up 5 yards. So, more touchbacks." Got, it, so far, so good...then this...
"BUT, if you DO kick it into the end zone, we're going to penalize your defense 5 yards." Errrr....huh?
Is the last part just trying to encourage the KR to take a knee rather than try to run it out?

04.gif
04.gif
ALL RIGHT GUYS, WE MIGHT AS WELL JUST TAKE THIS THREAD DOWN RIGHT NOW. IT IS PREORDAINED, LSU WILL WIN THE WEST, LSU WILL BE SEC CHAMPIONS, AND MY ALMA MATTA, LSU WILL BE BCS CHAMPIONS.:rofl3::rofl3:

Just like last year ...... right? :rofl3:

---------- Post Merged at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:45 AM ----------

-

For a good kicker... those rules don't mean squat. He will just train to put it on the numbers like he used to. He just has to train 5 yards shorter.

the problem is you've got a bunch of idiots making rules that don't go onto the field and play. They sit in the "Sky boxes" and drink Jack and Coke and slap each other on the back about how "life is good".

They've also changed the rule on on-side kicks. I think it has to bounce twice now and players can't get a "running start" with the kicker. (they have to line up with the kicker).

To me, this takes away from some of the big plays of a game. I'm not real fond of this change.

I don't like to see players get hurt, sometimes permanently injured. But football is a rough sport. It's supposed to be! They should quit futsing around with it.

---------- Post Merged at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:16 AM ----------

The Honey Badger turns SKUNK :shakehead:

---------- Post Merged at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:16 AM ----------

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ts-honey-badger-no-39-draft-prospect-off-team

Well, LSU fans, what now?

----------

The Honey Badger turns SKUNK :shakehead:

---------- Post Merged at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:16 AM ----------

LSU boots Honey Badger (No. 39 draft prospect) off team - CBSSports

Well, LSU fans, what now?

Splendor_in_the_Grass.gif

How it went down....

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/rattlehead666/tyrannmathieu_lesmiles_tigerson.gif[/img

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]---------- Post Merged at 11:44 PM ----------[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Previous Post was at 11:36 PM ----------[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Les Miles reaction

[IMG]http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/830787/Miles_Taunt.gif

ON another note.... if I was subscribed to ESPN magazine, which I dont because I don't like it...

I would be cancelling it after this cover .

Screen_shot_2012-08-07_at_12.31.37_PM_medium.png

---------- Post Merged at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:36 PM ----------

The Honey Badger hits just keep rolling in... (no pun intended)

LSU_SEC_gamedrugs.jpg

Badger2.jpg

HighTimes1.jpg

It will interesting to see who will be playing in the SEC Invitational. Last year was the first time any SEC team lost. Of course, they lost to another SEC team.

That's the difference between the Big Ten and SEC. As a Buckeyes fan I could NEVER root for Michigan. Really? The enemy of your enemy is NOT your friend. A true football fan can't have degrees of disgust for your rival. It's never ok to cheer them on.

I do NOT like the SEC, but if they can knock down Michigan, I'm happy.

My two favorite teams: The Ohio State University and whomever is playing Michigan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom