2013 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's the point: our conference schedule is killer by itself. I'm telling you, Florida has the toughest schedule in the NCAA. Then if we win the Eastern Division, we'll have to play either Alabama #1 or Texas A&M #7 for the SEC Championship before we could possibly get to the BCS finals. Mind you, we're returning to the grudge match we use to have with Miami years ago in the second week. They're not ranked and would love to spoil our season. In 1983 an unranked Florida team whooped the crap out of the first place Miami team 3-28 in Florida Field. They still went on to win the National Championship and the popular bumper sticker in Gainesville that year was "National Chumps- 3, UF- 28". Here's our schedule this year.

DATEOPPONENTSITETIME (ET)VIDEOTVRADIORESULT/DETAILS
Sat, Apr 6Orange & Blue Debut Presented by Sunniland CorporationGainesville, FL1:00 pmLive VideoGRN
GatorZone
Sat, Aug 31ToledoGainesville, FL12:21 pmSEC NetworkGRN
Sat, Sep 7MiamiMiami Gardens, FL12:00 pmESPN
Sat, Sep 21Tennessee *Gainesville, FLTBA
Sat, Sep 28Kentucky *Lexington, KYTBA
Sat, Oct 5Arkansas *Gainesville, FLTBA
Sat, Oct 12LSU * #12Baton Rouge, LATBA
Sat, Oct 19Missouri *Columbia, MOTBA
Sat, Nov 2Georgia * #5Jacksonville, FL3:30 pmCBS
Sat, Nov 9Vanderbilt (Homecoming) *Gainesville, FLTBA
Sat, Nov 16South Carolina * #6Columbia, SCTBA
Sat, Nov 23Georgia SouthernGainesville, FLTBA
Sat, Nov 30Florida State ​#12Gainesville, FLTBA

I guess this is the only CFB thread in town, so I will stir it up! LOL.

Maybe the thread should be named "Florida Gators Football" instead? :D

That's the point: our conference schedule is killer by itself. I'm telling you, Florida has the toughest schedule in the NCAA.

This is the reasoning I get all the time from my SEC friends. But I respectfully disagree because this is like saying that any MLB team can schedule 1/12 or 1/6 of its games with other 3A or 2A teams in the country and count it in the w/L column as part of the official result to decide who goes to the off-season. When B1G started doing it, it blew up in the face of Michigan back in 2008.

Gators Schedule:

8/31: Toledo - This is just a practice/tuning game to get ready for Miami.
9/07: Miami - Canes are young and not impressed w/ Al Golden at UVA and Temple.
9/14: Bye
9/21: Tenn - New coach, new system.
9/28: UK - Basketball school.
10/05: Arky - Just like Tenn. But Bielema is a good coach.
10/12: LSU - This will be the first challenge for Gators going to the Death Valley.
10/19: Mizzu - Enough said.
10/26: Bye
11/02: UGA - UGA is over-rated every year. It is getting annoying.
11/09: Vandy - Trap game for Gators. Vandy has always been a well-coached and disciplined team and tends to sneak up on a lot of ppl. With SCar next wk, Gators might overlook and take Vandy for granted.
11/16: SCar - Former coach will always try to be one up on this former team.
11/23: Ga.S - Really?
11/30: FSU - Tough game assuming both teams are healthy. Jimbo has recruited some serious talents in the past few years.

So Gators could be somewhere between 10-2 to 8-4. The only tough games in my humble opinion from SEC are SCar and LSU. :cool2:

Here's a picture of the cops getting ready to assault SEC players everywhere:

ummm_db4416_3495580.jpg

Now, where did I put that brain bleach?

A guy goes into a bar and asks the bartender if he wants to hear a good Alabama joke.

The bartender says, "Before you tell it, you should know that I am 6-2 and weigh 225 and I'm from Alabama. See that guy at the end of the bar? He's 6-4 and weighs 250 and he's from Alabama, too. And see the guy at the other end of the bar? He's 6-6 and weighs 280 and he's from Alabama,too! Now, do you still want to tell your Alabama joke?"

The guy says, "Nah."

To which the bartender smiles and says, "What's the matter? Are ya chicken?"

The guy says, "Nah. I just don't want to have to explain it three times."

I saw this clown this morning at my daughter's school. He actually had four pistols on him. The fourth is a compact that you can't see in this picture.

Thanks for getting this year's SEC thread going. Gary dropped the ball this time:D

(Apparently the picture isn't attached. It is the "Rambo" cop that Mike posted).

I saw this clown this morning at my daughter's school. He actually had four pistols on him. The fourth is a compact that you can't see in this picture.

Thanks for getting this year's SEC thread going. Gary dropped the ball this time:D

(Apparently the picture isn't attached. It is the "Rambo" cop that Mike posted).

:rofl3: I freely admit my 'catching skills' are limited to colds. However, historically this thread has been the purview of Mr. Mike_S. :D

Back
Top Bottom