2016 Cozumel Tipping Etiquette?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just one of the many exclusive benefits included when you dive with me on a charter!

I'm going to need to put that whole story together and post it. I'd be surprised if Jen ever wants to dive with us again. Heck, I was a bit surprised that *I* wanted to dive with us again.

I want to know if your 'all natural' sunscreen is Maya Solar from Super Aki. That was the SPF 45 stuff that burned the crap out of me in the tournament.

I would kill to find the Hawaiian Tropic pump spray biodegradeable SPF 50 they used to sell in Mega. That stuff worked through a whole dive day. Use it regular and no one know I was in Mexico AGAIN....

I tip $300mx per 2 tank dive....that's about $15us. I dive with the same op and try to tip daily.

Yes, I tip. How much I tip is my own business.

This post isn't that unusual but I'm wondering just how our tips get shared. We all suspect the DM & boat captain / crew get a share but maybe it gets shared by all the staff who help get us diving. After all, many ops look after our gear between trips, get the tanks filled etc, so hopefully the better dive ops spread it out right across the crew.

Back
Top Bottom