2017 Dive Stats and Highlights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a fun thread,I love seeing where everybody is diving. @northernone that is amazing trek for a dive!!

2017 I was able to do 15 dives. My buddy was not cleared for diving from March to October--insert sad face.

January-
12- dives in Caymen Brac-my intro to warm water diving, loved it!
March- 2 dives in Hawaii Oahu
October- 1 dive oil rigs in Ca

Hope to get in 30 this year...gotta find a buddy, mine will be out again for 6 months.

128 dives in 2017

95 in the cool green of the Salish Sea
33 cave dives in Mexico

Highlights
My wife earning her NSS-CDS basic cave cert
Completed cave stage course
Lots of u/w photography!
Regularly escaping the chaos of the topside world!

Lowlights
The loss of instructor, explorer, mentor and good friend, Bil Phillips

Attachments

• IMG_1809b.jpg
    IMG_1809b.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 41
Let’s see 2017…
16 dives Cayman Brac – SB Surge made a new, long term dive buddy
34 dives Cozumel – 2 trips May/Nov dived with the “usual suspects”
15 dives Sea of Cortez - @BDSC group on Rocio Del Mar dived with sea lions & snorkeled with whale sharks
29 dives Bonaire – met the new owners of Beachcomber Villa (very nice folks) and did solo cert with Dive Friends

Total 94 dives…looking forward to 2018…so far so good :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Let’s see 2017…
16 dives Cayman Brac – SB Surge made a new, long term dive buddy
34 dives Cozumel – 2 trips May/Nov dived with the “usual suspects”
15 dives Sea of Cortez - @BDSC group on Rocio Del Mar dived with sea lions & snorkeled with whale sharks
29 dives Bonaire – met the new owners of Beachcomber Villa (very nice folks) and did solo cert with Dive Friends

Total 94 dives…looking forward to 2018…so far so good :bounce::bounce::bounce:
Those are some outstanding dive destinations! Good for you!

Yes this is a very fun thread to cover. A lot of you are very modest asking forgiveness for making less than 100 dive/year.:) . Great idea again.

But I do have a Socorros trip planned for May, so I will be able to get in some warm(er) water than what I'm used to ... and hopefully encounter some of the sea's larger animals.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, like you I've been fortunate enough to be able to travel and go to some great places to dive but the best dive trip I've ever been on was to the Socorro Islands. We saw the mantas, sharks, and ever a whaleshark on two dives but what I didn't expect was how friendly and up close the dolphins would get to you. I mean right up to you and stare you in the eye. Truly amazing.

I hope your trip will be something close to mine or even surpass it.

Ash

Question: any of you log the dives on ScubaEarth?
I do (together with the classic logbook): it's annoying, but it's nice to have a virtual logbook that I can reach from anywhere.

I do (together with the classic logbook): it's annoying, but it's nice to have a virtual logbook that I can reach from anywhere.

I'm doing classic dive log and free open source Subsurface (GNU/Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS), which has a free cloud service. I have to connect my dive computer to a desktop to upload the dive data but hopefully I'll be able to do it with an Android tablet + USB-OTG at some point. (It already works with Android + bluetooth capable dive computers.)

I'm doing classic dive log and free open source Subsurface (GNU/Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS), which has a free cloud service. I have to connect my dive computer to a desktop to upload the dive data but hopefully I'll be able to do it with an Android tablet + USB-OTG at some point. (It already works with Android + bluetooth capable dive computers.)
...unfortunately my Mac is too old and grumpy and it doesn't talk to my dive computer

I don't; I use MacDive, and the iPhone app. let's me keep a copy of my phone, so I've generally got it handy. I use Diviac's online logbook, too. I'm after similar benefit to what I think you use Scuba Earth for.

Haven't tried Scuba Earth. I take it that's a PADI program. I prefer a non-agency affiliated logbook (I'm not anti-PADI; most of my cert.s are PADI. I just don't want everything related to my diving to be agency-driven).

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom