$266-300 RT Baltimore to Coz on AA in Dec? That seems CHEAP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepsea21

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Unfortunately, we have a dog who needs to be dropped off with friends further south (she's 10 years old and has NEVER seen a kennel nor will she ever) so we have to fly out of ORF but Holy Cow is do these flights seem cheap. Thought I'd share for anyone in the Baltimore/DC area who may be interested in Coz in December.

I got a aa trip leaving Jan returning april for 479. However, trying to get my daughter from DFW to CZM in March is 731. It is cheaper to fly from bwi, get on the same plane as her in dfw, than dfw straight to czm. go figure

I'm looking at June and cost is still $700 on AA from Charlotte to Cozumel! Makes me sick to my stomach!

Very nice find. Actually I see fares as low as $257 RT, taxes included, as long as you can deal with the short I&C connection and a small change in airports on return.
upload_2016-9-12_18-52-43.jpeg

But Norfolk is still in the bargain fares @ $385 if you don't mind the bag drag from Cancun - which is not that bad and actually has a couple of advantages, $388 if you want to leave a little later in the morning.
upload_2016-9-12_18-54-36.jpeg

I'm looking at June and cost is still $700 on AA from Charlotte to Cozumel! Makes me sick to my stomach!

Where are you shopping that is ripping you off like that...?!
upload_2016-9-12_18-57-39.jpeg

Dandy where did you get the above calendar? It looks like the airfare matrix calendar. On my end up here in NC the cheapest on the same calendar is $676 not $477!!!!! I have been looking at AA website. I need June 10-24th roundtrip from Clt to Czm times 4 seats. Help me! that $477 looks so much better than $702 I see on AA site...... HELP.

Last edited:
Dandy where did you get the above calendar? It looks like the airfare matrix calendar. On my end up here in NC the cheapest on the same calendar is $676 not $477!!!!! I have been looking at AA website. I need June 10-24th roundtrip from Clt to Czm times 4 seats. Help me! that $477 looks so much better than $702 I see on AA site...... HELP.
Well, dang - now I cannot reproduce that. Yes, it is the matrix calendar, I did show proof, and I did select no overnight flights - but now I can't get the same results. Sorry. Who knows why? :confused:

I do see non-stop service for $702, but that $477 fare was there. Maybe it will return? I find Tuesday & Wednesday mornings after midnight Central time the best to look. Don't give up.

If you're looking for next June (by all means keep looking) I think you are too early. It seems I usually find the best prices around 60 days out which is after the "planners" have all booked their airfares but before the prices go through the roof for last minute business/etc. I will say one year I found a FANTASTIC price about 8 months out and booked it immediately but then the flights got changed about 4 times with different departure and return times and different connecting cities). The airline kept emailing me of the changes and asking me to accept the changes (WHICH I NEVER ACCEPTED) as I then had all the time in the world shop for a better deal. About 30 days out I found it, booked that one, called the other airline and told them the new schedule doesn't work for me and I need my $ refunded. $ refunded with no questions asked as the flight changes had me leaving earlier, arriving later, and through a different connecting city. As soon as they have you leaving earlier, arriving later, or connecting through a different city they must refund your money if you ask for it as long as you don't accept the changes when they keep asking you too.

If you're looking for next June (by all means keep looking) I think you are too early. It seems I usually find the best prices around 60 days out which is after the "planners" have all booked their airfares but before the prices go through the roof for last minute business/etc. I will say one year I found a FANTASTIC price about 8 months out and booked it immediately but then the flights got changed about 4 times with different departure and return times and different connecting cities). The airline kept emailing me of the changes and asking me to accept the changes (WHICH I NEVER ACCEPTED) as I then had all the time in the world shop for a better deal. About 30 days out I found it, booked that one, called the other airline and told them the new schedule doesn't work for me and I need my $ refunded. $ refunded with no questions asked as the flight changes had me leaving earlier, arriving later, and through a different connecting city. As soon as they have you leaving earlier, arriving later, or connecting through a different city they must refund your money if you ask for it as long as you don't accept the changes when they keep asking you too.
Yep, that's true. I had found a much better price somehow, but so far in advance - they are going to charge as much as they hope to get. The more who buy, the less likely they are to come down. Waiting would probably get you better prices, if you can be flexible.

Nice handling on the changes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom