$266-300 RT Baltimore to Coz on AA in Dec? That seems CHEAP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, that's true. I had found a much better price somehow, but so far in advance - they are going to charge as much as they hope to get. The more who buy, the less likely they are to come down. Waiting would probably get you better prices, if you can be flexible.

Nice handling on the changes.

I'm still holding off right now for booking Dec airfare... Thinking ZIKA fear could could home to roost with the airlines and we could see some great last minute deals to fill planes. Time will tell.

I have a trip north planned, family of 5, for August 2017 - and I so want to book those tickets as soon as I can, get them locked down! I could go in October for $388, but they're asking $595 each for my dates! :eek: I know the thing to do is wait, but it's going to be challenging. Then what if my flights for those non-flexible dates aren't available come June? Drive 800 miles up, 1,000 back?! If they'd let me have them for $400, I'd give them the money now - free interest for 11 months. Same game, again.

On the other hand, I have enough AA miles for a return to Coz if I book far enough ahead to get the lowest rates - but if I did, I bet they'd change schedules. The other game.

[QUOTE="On the other hand, I have enough AA miles for a return to Coz if I book far enough ahead to get the lowest rates - but if I did, I bet they'd change schedules. The other game.[/QUOTE]

Don't even get me started on airmiles. I've sent my retired parents on more airmiles flights than I can count as they are retired, flexible, don't have jobs they need to report back to or vacation days they need to count. The only time I have been able to use my airmiles to Coz involved overnight stays in Miami BOTH ways. WTF is that about! After paying for a decent hotel with shuttle service to MIA and losing 2 days of diving it wasn't even worth it for me. Sure, we could have grabbed a cab to SOBE for some fun on those two layover nights but that would have resulted in a fortune spent each way and would have negated the savings entirely and personally that scene no longer interests me at my age.

In my opinion it is silly to try and get the best pricing more than 2 months out. The airlines wait until they see low load factors before reducing prices and at 2 months or less they dive if it looks low. But if they don't try Cancun—its not really that bad.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

PS i do a lot of 1 way trips to and from Houston and $198 is normal this year.

In my opinion it is silly to try and get the best pricing more than 2 months out. The airlines wait until they see low load factors before reducing prices and at 2 months or less they dive if it looks low. But if they don't try Cancun—its not really that bad.
If one is flexible. Many like to plan further in advance, some have to, or have to fit their break dates.

I've been studying fares of a family trip north next year for the Solar Eclipse, for Tuesday up, Monday back. A month or two from now, the fares are around $388 - sweet. January fares are outrageous - ski season market maybe? February is reasonable at $405 - I'd book 5 tickets today if I could get that in August. June & July, they're trying to get $465 to arrive late afternoon or $565 to arrive before lunch - hate that. August is $10 higher. Hate the game, we have to be in Grad Teton the morning of August 21, not flexible on that nor the Yellowstone cabins I barely booked before they sold out. We want to go six days prior to do some touring of other sites before Yellowstone, and we're not really flexible on that either. Hate the game.

My cousin and her mom drove up there and back. It wouldn't take any longer than some of my flights to Coz that got delayed all day by weather or our family trip to Death Valley & beyond a couple of years back, but non-stop driving is dreadful. Those gals are tougher than me. Besides, we need to fly home the afternoon of the eclipse, as soon as it's over, so the rest of the group can get to school and work.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom