2nd stage necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't find the photo but this morning when I came to SB I was greeted with the usual photos. One caught my attention (I'm still looking). The guy had a standard regulator hose hanging from a bungie around his neck (the bungie was around his neck, not the hose), he then had what I believe they call an airII type of thingy for an octopus (made into the bc inflator).

jason

Jason B:
I can't find the photo but this morning when I came to SB I was greeted with the usual photos. One caught my attention (I'm still looking). The guy had a standard regulator hose hanging from a bungie around his neck (the bungie was around his neck, not the hose), he then had what I believe they call an airII type of thingy for an octopus (made into the bc inflator).

jason

That sounds crazy. Find the picture.

JasonB I think I can clear this up. I have seen what you are describing. I also had to "re-configure" someone who had set his gear up this way. Here is my take on it -the diver is either trying to emulate a "tech" diver look OR as was explained to me by the diver the primary was bungeed so he wouldn't loose it( I know, I know) The AIR2 was thought to simplify the equipment set up. The real scary/funny part is that the diver had tiewrapped the surgical tubing to the mouthpiece so the 2nd stage couldn't "break off" the necklace. The primary 2nd stage was literally tied to his head. Think of a tank banger around your head. He had no way of donating air except handing off the Air2. This config just wasn't thought out very well. I removed the surgical tubing from the divers primary 2nd and replaced it with a std. "tech" necklace. I also pulled the Air2 off the BCD inflator hose and tossed it in the dive bag were it belonged. Then I threaded on a std. oct.- wahla!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom