2nd Stage Output Pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalMike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Aqualung Titan regulator. I want to check the pressure output on the second stage with a gage that connects to the BCD filler hose. Does anyone know what pressure i should be looking for?

Thanks.

More knowledgeable people will answer but I think 140PSIG would be a good start.

SoCalMike,

That's the first stage output pressure you are referring to. It's also referred to as the intermediate pressure (IP) since it's between cylinder pressure and breathing pressure.

The second stage output is what you breathe and is equal to ambient pressure be it on the surface or at depth.

I don't know what your precise spec is but somewhere in the 135-150 PSI should be the ball park. Often with nothing venting you are looking for it to remain steady and not creep up while standing by. What prompts you to check it?

Pete

Oops. I guess I misread the post.
According to the Aqualung maintenance manual, the correct IP for a Titan first stage is 135+-5psi when connected to a tank of 2500~3000psi.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will order the LP one. I looked at different ways to make one myself, but cant beat the price from LP. Thanks again for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom