3 months for a custom suit. HUH? Serioulsly!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freezerbrn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Re writing my post. The suit took longer then expected and I really didn't know why. I will pick it up in a few days. Thanks in advance for a great suit HOG.

Dennis L Lawson

Last edited:
Well, since you now seem to be intent on posting your displeasure on as many web sites as possible....

I could edit or delete your post, instead I will address it.

Your dealer ordered two HOG drysuits within a short period. When we shipped him the suits there were shipping issues (UPS) with the address provided many times (and we used the exact address as supplied by the dealer). Beyond that however he gave the wrong suits to the wrong customers. They didn't fit...because they were the suits were given to the wrong person!!! Instead of acknowledging that to me, I was told they were completely bad cut. When we compared your measurements to the returned suit the last time the truth became immediately apparent when looking at the two suits.

Further complicating the issue was your dealer insisted on using rockboots, that we don't offer, nor even offer as a option. instead of saying just no (like I should have) and sent those to us. It took over a month for the second set of rockboots to arrive at the factory. That said we did make a mistake on the second suit by putting normal boots on it.... I apologize for that. But that would have been a 6 day delay at best and your dealer actually had the second suit of the two (and the first) before the factory even got the rockboots he was supposed to send....

What REALLY chaps me about all of this was the insistence that the entire problem was EDGE's, when in fact there was one mistake made on this side, but MULTIPLE mistakes that caused confusion and mayhem on the other. In fact as we struggled to make sense of what was happening I was told that I owed free gear to "make it right", I was OK with that as I told your dealer when it was being insisted that the suits were made wrong, not the truth that they had been given to the wrong person. Once I gave an inch I was then told that all the free options should be put on the suit. There was never a offer for you to pay for these extras, It got stupid fast. Even in your post above this smacks of a "shake down" and to be honest, I'm done with it.

Long story short, you have gotten the short end of the stick, me too. I am out over a thousand bucks (the other suit I had to eat).

I am willing to send you a D1 Cold and a HOG second stage and my sincere hope you understand. However I am not gonna ship them to anybody but you and only if you don't turn around and sell them! :)
BTW I have some HOG gear I'm willing to sell

If you want the extra options put on the suit, we will arrange that at cost, you ship the suit and it will ship back to you direct.

Yes, i am FULLY aware this is going to cost me a dealer over all this, I hate that. But it's important to me that people understand that EDGE/HOG wants to deliver exceptional customer service. Sometimes we fall short, we are human but when we do we will strive to make it up and correct whatever so it doesn't happen again. The selection of dealers is a tough one, as a newer brand, I need more of them, as a newer brand I need superlative dealers even more.

To that note, I am working on a product registration and quality assurance process for EDGE/HOG that will help me ensure that all EDGE and HOG dealers are treating EDGE and HOG Divers well.

Best regards,

Chris Richardson
EDGE

Early November 2011 a buddy of mine (someone I took fundies with and T1 next) finally got me to consider a HOG drysuit. Since I already had a number of other HOG products I figured why not. I got measured and asked to have turbo soles, pockets, pee valve, and Si Tech cuffs installed. My measurements came out to be a stock Large Tall wit size 13 feet. No big deal right. I was told 4-6 weeks for delivery.

The suit first arrived late Dec 2011. I picked it up a week later. It was the wrong suit. The turbo soles were the right size but the suit was meant for someone else. The suit was sent back to. A lot of finger pointing and blame and, no responsibility accepted for the error by the company or manufacture. I'm pissed. The suit supposedly took another month to get the changes made. I'm thinking (2) months for a simple fix. Come really. Hey through me a bone add Si Tech Cuffs and a ring system for the neck I'll pay the difference if the company doesn't want to pop for it to have a happy customer. Nothing... no response to my request. The suit gets shipped out... no tracking number, no insurance, nothing. It went to the wrong address, so it goes back. (3) times to the wrong place.

Now on the (3) month of waiting the suit finally goes to the right address. As of March 1,2012 the suit it here. What about the add on's I requested and would pay for if the company didn't want to do a little PR for the customer (me) for such a terrible experience and long wait. Nope no additional equipment. sigh!!!

I'm hoping to dive the suit this weekend. I hope the suit is made better then the service I got :popcorn:

BTW I have some HOG gear I'm willing to sell:D

Last edited:
Hello Mr Richardson,

Yes Its a given in this forum section you have ability to edit and delete customer comments,

Glad you didn't. My post is from my point of view as a new diver who sold his one and only dry suit to buy the one I ordered. Am I upset, A bit. Frustrated, you bet I am. As a customer using your products under challenging situations and the last thing I want to be thinking about on a deep dive or deco stop the equipment and service. All I know is I paid my money and wait for the suit.

I will probably send it to DRIS and get the rest of the work done. I really need to be training for the up coming trimix class, but this being my first custom suit, I truly want it the way I want it.

Chris I do like your products, I fly the red "H" in a group of divers that only rocks the Blue "H" and DUI.

I'm done venting. I just need to get back in the ocean, train, and hang with my little known dive club buddies. Feel free to delete the OP. We can continue this if you like in a more direct manner.

Thank you for the offer on the D1.

Dennis L Lawson.

Just send me a address via PM.

Thanks Dennis!

It is also a classic example of the kinds of stuff that can go (and will) wrong, at the shop level and the manufacturer level. I am thrilled to see Chris pony up for his error, but I am curious: did your LDS do anything for you, or did they just try to shift all the blame Chris? I may be off base with only two sides of a three sided story but somehow I get the feeling that both you and Chris are better without this shop.

+1 !!!

You truly show what today's manufacturer should do and how to be. :thumb:

Dennis,

Let me know when your sending the suit and I will make sure you get a better price on the replacement seal system :wink: That way we can get you back in the water ASAP!!

This is why I now own more HOG equipment than anything else. The couple of problems I have had with HOG gear Chris went over and beyond what he had to do. Please don't think the problems I've had were major issues but just some minor annoyances. I do seam to be coursed with anything I purchase, if there is a bad one in the batch it will be me that get's it.

I do seam to be coursed with anything I purchase, if there is a bad one in the batch it will be me that get's it.

NO, we just don't like you and send you all the broken stuff :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom