3D printing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSTblue.JPG
Printed blue spacer as a replacement for the original Apeks one. Easy to recognize my oxygen stageset when all sets are packed in the same basket.

T
Hey, Late to the thread, but I have been printing some dive gear... Just started in January, but good results so far! I have printed wall mount din caps, a spool, a reel, a ball mount and clamp for my focus light. The din caps work great and I have my compressor adapters all mounted nicely now.

On version two of the ball mount as I didn't print solid on the first go around and it snapped at the narrow post. I reprinted with solid infill and it has lasted at least one dive. I have a lanyard on the light in case it breaks, but am also debating drilling it and putting a screw in to support the weak part.

So far just printing in PLA, but want to try PETG and TPU.

I think a TPU diaphragm cover for a couple of my sidelined Scubapro 109's would be cool, but not sure how supports work for TPU.
That's on my list too! When I get to it, I'll let you know what I find

I'm not an expert.... but in my limited experience the only flexible filaments ive used are shore 90. Pretty firm materials. The cost though is really in weight of filament, and filaments run 15 to 30 dollars a kg. Long story short, cheap in materials but time consuming to iterate to a good design.
I've never attempted flexable prints, but there are a wide variety of flexible filaments available. 1.75mm Flexible Filament | MatterHackers

matterhackers.com:
Materials like MatterHackers PRO Series Flex, NinjaTek, or Soft PLA all behave similarly to rubber, which makes it perfect for printing things like gaskets, stoppers, or even phone cases. Flexible filaments are all thermoplastic elastomers that can provide the perfect amount of bend, elasticity, and strength to your 3D printed parts.

I wonder if it would be a suitable material for hard to find o-rings.

Hi James, this is the scenario I mean :

View attachment 502293
This is what I do :
View attachment 502294
This is what I would need :
View attachment 502292
The Inner flange thread should be 3 mm higher.
It would be great if you could make a new 3D model with those mods.
Ok... I'm impatient, took care of it while I should be getting ready for work! Files are added at Thingiverse. I did not print them... but the critical fit pieces are unchanged .

A bit more learning about onshape and I think I have a version of my battery holder.

2019-01-29__5_.png

I might have to cut it in two and add an inner connector so I can glue it together.

I find Fusion360 to be more useful and easier. It's probably my AutoCAD background, but those of us that have to model things at work to produce actual parts all unanimously prefer it to Onshape. For whatever reason we have more success with the STIL files it outputs going into our various slicers. Anyway, it's worth giving it a shot too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom