3mm full suit right now, good right?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1mm full suit, no weights, steel 120. I have a big camera I lug around that I've been known to clip onto people that need weight at the safety stop. I've used this suit in March and in the summer. Going to find out how it works in January (cant much cooler than March's 79-80F). I will say by the 4th dive and 5-6 + hours underwater in September/October I do tend to get a chill. Good to have a jacket on board if/when doing 4 dives a day. :) I've had worse problems in life! :wink:
When hunting I bring 4 lbs for when I huff and puff with buck fever while slaying the dreaded Pez Leon.
Dario don't need no stinking wet suit, he's a fish!!!

A good windbreaker between dives can make a big difference too!
I can get a little chilled between dives even in May. One thing that helps is getting out of the top half of my suit as soon as I get out of the water.

3mm and no beanie was perfect for me and my wife. I saw quite large people that were comfortable in less and a really thin person that was shivering in a 5mm. The divemaster wore shorts and a shirt on all but one of the 22 dives that we made. I won't take as many options next time.

I would wear my full 3 mm and take my hooded vest to use if I got cold. Somewhere in the mid to high 70s, I switch to my 5 mm. Some of our dives are 90+ minutes with Aldora and you often don't do much work to stay warm while drift diving. A warm boat coat is a necessity for cool, windy surface intervals, Aldora supplies them, I would take my own if my operator didn't.

3mm has been fine for our dives, have needed a 7mm for the surface intervals the last few days, brrrrr, been freak'n cold between dives! Today was the first day its warmed up thankfully

3mm has been fine for our dives, have needed a 7mm for the surface intervals the last few days, brrrrr, been freak'n cold between dives! Today was the first day its warmed up thankfully
What has the water temperature been lately?

Se
What has the water temperature been lately?
Seem to be close to 80, we're days it was warmer getting back into the water sfter being on the boat

Back
Top Bottom