(5/01/05) Diver missing in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

looks to me like someone is poking a fire with a stick. Dont get that. Instead of trying to worry about what people are saying on here, how bout giving a prayer or moment of thought for the poor family and guy.

My prayers to the diver, his family, the crew of the boat, those that helped in the search and everyone affected by this terribly unfortunate incident.

Ditto what Lil38 said. Very unfortunate.
Chris

Good vibes and prayers are sent out to all involved.

One day we'll have the complete story. Underscores my opinion that the 'Grove' should be for Advanced Divers Only with experience, not a plastic card, to prove that they can handle the difficulty of the site. I'm not trying to say that this unfortunate individual wasn't experienced, but I believe that there would be a lot more incidents on this 'Grove' if this rule were to be relaxed.

Would appreciate our being kept informed as this story develops. Thoughts and prayers go out to those who knew and loved him.

Thanks Vicki

Lee

Different incident -- that's 23 March instead of 30 April.

(That's what prompted my question about rates -- it's only been 5 weeks)

swimming against a current can tire out any diver, especially an older dive
(the diver who died in March was 52, according to CDNN), or perhaps cause a heart
attack from the exertion.

as to the diver who is the subject of this thread, i haven't seen any news on
that, but apparently he did try to swim against the current, so similar issues
might be at play.

does anyone know his age?

markfm:
Different incident -- that's 23 March instead of 30 April.

(That's what prompted my question about rates -- it's only been 5 weeks)

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the correction.

-G

baitedstorm:
Diver on a six pack surfaced alone from the Spiegel Grove. He held onto the mooring line at the surface, the current was ripping. The Captain of the six pack yelled at the diver over and over to let go of the buoy.

I've never been on this wreck. Is there a reason the captain couldn't just bring the boat over to the buoy to pick him up?

Terry

Back
Top Bottom