50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove in Hawii, Cozumel, Britsh Columbia, Johnston Atoll, California, Colorado,New York, Tennessee and Nebraska.

LIFE is GOOD.

59.9 years young

200 dives. Rescue, nss cavern working on basic cave, deep, nitrox, wreck, a lot of wreck dives in florida and north carolina off of Morehead City. Dove in Austrialia, New Zealand, Thailand, various spots in Mexico. Returning to Fla. in April to work on my trim, reel and drysuit skills. Try my basic cave again in the fall. My goal is to become fully cave certified and dive some of those beautiful caves in Mexico. Stay in good physical condition and 50 will feel like 40 and 60 like 50. Hang in there brother, and dive safe. My bride of 35 years is diving as well.

I'm + 4 Started on my 50 th birthday. Working on 250 dives and love it. AOW but well get Rescue diver this year. Live in West Palm, Fl. Dive all over Fl and have don some in SC. Mostly West Palm and the Keys. My dive shop is FORCE E and the people are grate.

almost 54 diving for a little over 2 years. Recue Diver, almost 50 dives started working on Dive Master but need lots of practice (dives). Dive with Diver Dan's Scuba in Kenosha, WI. Some dives in quaries and Lake Michigan but most in Caribbean.

Hi Skeeter;
I envy you, living in Florida - so close to good diving every where. Good going on your continued training. I need a whole lot more experience before I go for AOW or any further training. Unfortunately, I love the salt water and not too fond of the cold water dives but I live in N. Indiana.
Penngrad, (Scuba Gramma)

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?
I am a 70 year old woman going alone to dive this July-Aug in Bunaken, the Lembeh Straits. Last dove in 06 in the Caymans with a son. Loved the Bloody Bay Wall. Dove the Tiputa Pass in 03 with my daughter. Have AOW certification. Live in the SF Bay area. Husband has no interest in diving, so this will be my first solo trip halfway around the world. Plan to stay at Froggies.

Yes, there are individual cabins. They are pretty roomy too. I have a trip going May 9th -15 to Mona Island Puerto Rico if you are interested in going. I have one cabin left. YOu can contact me personally at affordabletrips@gmail.com We have a real fun group going. You can get lots of diving in or just hang on the boat and enjoy life. Great crew, warm waters, good food and drinks and all that is included in the price.

You go girl. 70 and diving I love it. I was in my mid 30s when I was in cozumel and met a lady there that was 70 and came to dive with her son and grandson and then I went home and took lessons!! I am 54 now and still diving all the time. I turned my career toward the travel end so I could manage to go dive more since I am land locked in the dfw area! I have been in the travel business now for 15 years and have my own dive travel agency. I love life now more than ever!

Sounds so good but I'll have to wait until I retire for that. (Can't afford to retire now --- how could I afford diving?) Later, your suggestions may become my plans!

I am a 70 year old woman going alone to dive this July-Aug in Bunaken, the Lembeh Straits. Last dove in 06 in the Caymans with a son. Loved the Bloody Bay Wall. Dove the Tiputa Pass in 03 with my daughter. Have AOW certification. Live in the SF Bay area. Husband has no interest in diving, so this will be my first solo trip halfway around the world. Plan to stay at Froggies.

I think that the youngest person in the group I am taking to San Salvador, Bahamas turned 50 this year. :D:D

Way to go girl!!! You sound like you're 70 years YOUNG not 70 years old!! :eyebrow:

Let me know how you like Froggies... am trying to decide where to go dive for 2 weeks over the christmas holidays and Lembeh Straits is on my short list...

Back
Top Bottom