50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AOE, Nitrox, 61 y/o mostly dive a commercialized quarry in Pelham, AL, but go to the gulf whenever I can -This weekend - Vortex Springs, Orange Beach, and the Oriskany on Monday. An pursuing NAUI Master Scuba Diver and may be doing a week-long tech course in August.

Fisher
Welcome aboard...
and, of course,
WAR EAGLE!
:)
Rick

I just turned 62 and I still chase women divers half my age... I just can't catch them any more.
Happy Birthday you old fart!
Once again you're older than I :)
Rick

I'm 55 but have a back with multiple injuries, so slamming in an egg-beater on choppy water kills me.
My main deal is avoiding waves. I choose mostly Asia dive sites where the monsoons are predictable -- I go when the water is calmest. I also try for larger boats that handle waves better -- like EcoDivers in Manado, Sulawesi. Comfort is more important now.
Also, I take more precautions: Afram so my ears equalize; Pyle stops on way up. Extra mask in my bc pocket, along with dual signaling devices.

Where do you live? Park City, Utah
Where do you dive? Utah (Lakes, Reservoirs, Hot Springs), Florida
Favorite dive shop? DiveAddicts (tech) and ScubaUtah (rec)
Current certification? PADI Master, TDI Deco Procedures. Cave in Aug.

Try to dive at least every month. Try to combine a day of diving on business trips.

I learned back in college (1979) (YMCA and PADI) and dove a few years, then didn't dive for 20 years. Then started again 3 years ago and can't stop!

Retfed, you don't have to be specialty cert'd to cave dive, assuming you're thinking cenotes. I dived Dos Ojos in the Yucatan near Playa del Carmen. It's a hoot. Saw some divers swimming toward us - turned out to be us, reflected by the halocline (boundary between salt and fresh water). Noted huge slabs of limestone on the floor and cringed a bit when I understood they fell from the roof.

• 54 is knocking on the door
• Seattle area
• All over, 500+ but now just warm water
o Puget Sound
o Cozumel, too many times to list
o Jamaica
o Bonaire
o Cayman Island, all three
o Roatan
o Big Island, way too many times
o Maui
o Belize
o Antigua
o BC
o Thailand
o Komodo
o Sulawesi
o Fiji
o Dumaguete
o Puerto Galera
o Burma
• AOW and Nitrox, training is good for a new diver but experience is more important
• Dive shops, no real loyalty but we use Underwater Sports more than any other local shop

Hey Colorado Fred; Is Dos Ojos a cenote or cave, and who did you dive with? I want to dive some cenotes with the wife, but hope to become full cave cert'd so I can dive some caves down there as well. Like your description they really sound spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom