50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone just gained my Rescue Diver Cert and very pleased with myself as was the only girl in the group and only 50+ diver.
Would love to hear from any other 50+ divers around Sydney, especially the girls.

:blinking:

Hi everyone just gained my Rescue Diver Cert and very pleased with myself as was the only girl in the group and only 50+ diver.
Would love to hear from any other 50+ divers around Sydney, especially the girls.

:blinking:

Send a PM to Almitywife.. while she is a young lady (by my standards).. she and her husband (Almity1) seem to know most of the divers in Sydney...

And congrats on the rescue cert.. the most important cert one can get.

Hi I retired a few years ago and just got my cert while in the Bahamas this year. I've passed my 66 birthday and feel great. I live in Manassas Virginia and plan to dive until they pry my cold hand off the regulator valve( or kick me out of the club). I am a privet pilot but haven't flown because of government B.S. In august we are going to St Maarten and I plan to dive there. jim

I'm in Traverse City MI and 52, first cert was OADI in 1968 so I've passed 40 years of diving, but quite sporadic as in periods of years would pass when I was too busy doing other things. Now a PADI Master but don't want to go pro yet.

On our way to French Polynesia and need a recommendation. Been to Moorea, Tahiti, BoraBora, Rangiroa, Nuku Hiva, Hiva Oa, Raiatea. Should I stick with Moorea or how about somewhere else in the Tuamotos?? Thinking of Fakarava or Manihi or Maupiti. Don't know anything about them. The wife is not a diver, but she loves Pearl Resorts.

52 years dive in the great lakes on the Canadian side, and the St Lawrence River during the summer some times I do a few Ice dives up here in the winter, but mostly dive down south during the winter months have dove in the following countries:

Canada
US Florida
England South West
Curacoa
Honduras Roatan
Cuba
Mexico Cozumel and the Cenotes

Certified with the following agencies
PADI, TDI, SDI and FQAS

My 55 yr old husband and I have our original dive log books and are looking for more refill pages as we don't want to buy new log books. The original red and white dive log book is 5.5 " wide and 8" long with two holes. Manufacturer copyright was Scuba Marine Products in Hollywood, FL First line on top page is date, dive # Time In , Time out, BT and Accum BT. Tried looking for Scuba Marine on line, but nothing came up Have done several searches for these pages with no luck.

Does anyone know if you can still buy these refill pages?

My 55 yr old husband and I have our original dive log books and are looking for more refill pages as we don't want to buy new log books. The original red and white dive log book is 5.5 " wide and 8" long with two holes. Manufacturer copyright was Scuba Marine Products in Hollywood, FL First line on top page is date, dive # Time In , Time out, BT and Accum BT. Tried looking for Scuba Marine on line, but nothing came up Have done several searches for these pages with no luck.

Does anyone know if you can still buy these refill pages?

y3es you can get refill pages
What I did was cut the back spine and put the pages in one of those binders. Then supplement them with refills. Sorry I don't have the product numbers but any PADI LDS should have them or at least be able and get them

I am 55
I live in the Denver CO area
I have been diving 1 year and 1 divetrip to Cozumel
Favorite Dive Shop is A1 Scuba
OW with plans for AOW this year

Last edited:
I hit the speed limit but never really slowed down. Been diving since the release of JAWS. I have dived locally and internationally and Cancun drift diving tops Cayman from my POV. Jumped in again big time May 09' and took the PADI Tec Rec course. Deep Diving can take you to some great spots off the beaten path. Would love to get to the WWII wrecks out in Chuuk and other classic wreck locations. The techniques and procedures learned are invaluable in pursuit of enjoyable safe diving adventures. The Deep bug bit hard and though "Deep is not Cheap" I am going for TDI extended range with Trimix 200 fsw. South Florida is land of many wrecks shallow and of course deep. Hope to nab some deep big bugs when season opens. My housed Nikon D200 is usually with me as long as I am not training. Not sure if rebreather may be on the horizon. Enjoy!

I started my open water training in Connecticut in March, 1998. But thought better of it the day before the certfication dive the next day when I found ourselves being suited up with hoods and gloves for protection against the cold, cold, Connecticut water temperature of 54 degree F.

I am glad to report that the desire to learn scuba diving did not fade away, and I completed my open water certification training in August, 2008. The Gulf of Mexico is my home-pond for scuba diving; my husband and I just returned from St. Maarten where I dived at Grand Case. We have plans to visit Key Largo, but the plan has not been firmed up yet. I'll be much obliged for dive input for this area.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom