50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am 64, a DM, I live on St. Thomas, USVI, my favorite dive operation is Blue Island Divers and I do a lot of wreck diving in the Caribbean. We have several great wrecks and dive sites around us and enjoy the opportunity to go out with divers visiting this area.

diver7276, know Blue Island Divers (DJ and Annabell) very well. Making plans to bring a group down to dive with them in August. Maybe we'll get a few dives in together.

BTW I'm a 55 yo instructor.

Diving for about 15 years but with 10 years off, I am a ' born again diver' Open Water to MSD to Dive Master in training in 11 months (not a bit obsessive!) does anyone think me too old to start my instructor courses?

...all "depends"...

oh,and how old are you??

sorry,could not help myself...
old age and treachery will overcome youth and agility-everytime!!!!
keep diving,keep learning,keep having fun!!!!
yaeg:D

ted 55
i just got outta the river
it's freakin' 33* and even the pearch are wearin' sweaters!!!!!!
not to mention the 13* air temp...my relief zip froze......'nuf said...
viz is forever,and sunny day diving for an hour-crayfish big as lobsters!!
chainsaw needed for next dive ,however!!!!!!
my protege dived wet-59 yrs old-he does want a dry suit,however....
have fun
yaeg

New to Scubaboard
54 years old
Live in and dive Southern California
Favorite dive store... Pacific Wilderness in Orange
Padi Divemaster, over 1000 logged dives

Retired diver ( 61 yr old) in Marathon Fl.....Orig from just N of Dallas Texas.....I was diving until the beginning of Dec for lobster, after that it got kinda cold, after reading about all the cold weather diving I wonder why. I use a short 3 mil what do you suggest for 65 degree water fellas?

Retired diver ( 61 yr old) in Marathon Fl.....Orig from just N of Dallas Texas.....I was diving until the beginning of Dec for lobster, after that it got kinda cold, after reading about all the cold weather diving I wonder why. I use a short 3 mil what do you suggest for 65 degree water fellas?

5 mm full suit would work, or get a 5 mm jacket/john, warmer when used together and has the versatility of using either piece alone when the 3 mm short isn't quite enough. $0.02.

Thought it about time I ventured into this area

Where do you live? DUBAI
Where do you dive? UAE / OMAN / MALAYSIA / PHILIPPINES / RED SEA (SAUDI SIDE)
Favorite dive shop? THE ONE THAT GIVES ME GOOD SERVICE :D
Current certification? MASTER SCUBA DIVER (PADI)

Started off many years ago in commercial diving then moved to work in Saudi in 86 for something completely different. Could not hire gear, tanks etc unless I had a PADI card, even my BSAC Sport Diver Book was alien to them :shocked2: so I did a PADI course and all was well.

Also dived in Scotland, S. Africa, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Maldives, Egypt.

Born in 1953

Back
Top Bottom