50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi YAEG
Where did you go in? I do most of my diving between Cardianal and Brockville, boat diving for bottles mostly. Too cold for me right now, I'm planning my next dive for Venice Fl. in March, looking for sharks teeth. The Venice NOAA buoy said 58F today. Still cold!
Cheers
Ted

diving in alex bay
few good spots that other times of year,you can't dive-boats and freighters,,,,
it froze in sunday,at the james st. docks
we train our students right across the river from cardinal!
lisbon beach and private area for check-outs
florida end of feb for me!!!!!i'm ready now with the -22* f yesterday!!
have fun
yaeg

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

Jupiter, FL
Mostly Jupiter, have dived in West Palm Beach, FL, Pompano, FL, Keys, Turks & Caicos, Bonaire, Bahamas, Utila, et.
Jupiter Dive Center!!!!!
DM

Lemon Sharks are now aggregating in Jupiter! C'mon down and enjoy the thrill of your life~

60 and just taking it up for the second time after certifying in 68..just 18 dives this time, puget sound,lost lake mt hood, key largo and cozumel,, this month if all goeswell red sea--keep on keepin on :)

Retired diver ( 61 yr old) in Marathon Fl.....Orig from just N of Dallas Texas.....I was diving until the beginning of Dec for lobster, after that it got kinda cold, after reading about all the cold weather diving I wonder why. I use a short 3 mil what do you suggest for 65 degree water fellas?

We were in Key West for Christmas and I dove in a 5 mil with a 3/5 hooded vest. The water temp was about 73 (Big Pine) and I was quite comfy. I am 50 & my husband is 56 - he was wearing a 3 mil and the vest. In 65 degree water I'd probably be wearing my 8/7 semi-dry. I'd love to live in Marathon ...we had another snow day here today ... :depressed:

I'm 62; first certified in 1967; diving activity has ebbed-and-flowed. Living in Florida (Orlando) now; I get wet fairly frequently in West Palm and the Keys. Always looking for dive buddies; would like to try a livaboard

Hello,
I am 6 months away from 71 yrs and still at it. Not ready to get it up any time soon.
DUi 50/50 Drysuit
Live in Poway, Ca. 15 miles north of San Diego
Dive San Diego Wreck Alley
Dive Shop Ocean Enterprises
Current Cerification: Advance Open Water

54 and 1/2

*First certified by Tucsons Desert Divers in 1978. I wounder if Mark is in Jail yet?
*Recreational Diver with advanced certification. Underwater video and editing to DVD and now Blueray disc.
* I live in Central Iowa. Cant get anymore landlocked so I travel 3 or 4 times a year
* Bonaire, San Carlos Mexico, Cozumel, Amberguis key Belize, Turneffe lodge Belize, Maui, Kaui, Big Island. Soccoro Island on the Solmar V. Costa Rica, Grand Caymen. Qamea Fiji...October to Raja Ampat on the Paradise Dancer.
* I count my blessing on a daily basis, and hope I can keep this up for many years to come. The tanks are getting heavier all the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom