50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all... I got certified a yr ago in Chattanooga Tn and have been to two springs in Florida , Vortex and Morrison. I'm looking foward to diving in Destin Fl. this summer . I retired last yr and would like to meet up with some folks 50s - 60s for some short trips to Florida ...there is a good dive shop in Destin w/ some easy trips .

Hello all... I got certified a yr ago in Chattanooga Tn and have been to two springs in Florida , Vortex and Morrison. I'm looking foward to diving in Destin Fl. this summer . I retired last yr and would like to meet up with some folks 50s - 60s for some short trips to Florida ...there is a good dive shop in Destin w/ some easy trips .

Hey :admingreet:

I'm in Acworth (not too far away)

yep thats not far I'm living in Dalton . want to do a trip to Destin / Ft Walton area sometime in July , but can go anytime just want some warm water.

As a dive guide, my address & work place is actually planet earth. Currently finished 100+ dives on the Corn Islands,Nicaragua. Managed the dive shop for a few months & then took a surface interval. PADI DM/EFR/EAN,DAN/DEMP (60 next year!) Life is good!!!

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

yep thats not far I'm living in Dalton . want to do a trip to Destin / Ft Walton area sometime in July , but can go anytime just want some warm water.

Sure. We'll be back from Cayman on 18 June. PM me whenever you're ready to go or we can make a short trip to Dive Haven if they open this year.

My SO is a young 69 year old who is just starting OW training. He is wondering if he's the oldest person to ever start diving at his age. He'll be 70 June 5. Anyone else here start later than him? I know he's gonna be a great diver because of his attitude and motivation, but he's a little concerned that starting to dive so late in life may cause some problems. Any input appreciated!

Better late than never!

As long as he is fit should not be a problem, I hope I am still diving when I reach his age.

My SO is a young 69 year old who is just starting OW training. He is wondering if he's the oldest person to ever start diving at his age. He'll be 70 June 5. Anyone else here start later than him? I know he's gonna be a great diver because of his attitude and motivation, but he's a little concerned that starting to dive so late in life may cause some problems. Any input appreciated!

Leni Riefenstahl, German film director, actress & dancer (refer Leni Riefenstahl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) learn to dive when she was 72. She published books of underwater photographs in 1978 & 1990, followed by a short film in 2002 when she was 100 (Impressionen unter Wasser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I am not sure if she was still diving in 2002.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom