500 Lumen Light only $79.99

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damnit! :banghead:

I don't need another light! :banghead:

****Mike using Jedi mind trick****

"You need another light."

:wink:

-Mitch

Reactions: Jax
****Mike using Jedi mind trick****

"You need another light."

:wink:

-Mitch

I am a Master at Jedi Mind Tricks...

Mitch - You neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed a backup drysuit.....:D and a light

Well, I just got mine today. This is a nice light! The head turns very smoothly. It has a great, sturdy feel. I have a Dorcy 220 and once upon a time I thought that it was a bright light with a very white beam...not so much anymore. The DRIS 500 is much brighter and the light is sooooo much whiter than the Dorcy. I compare it as the Dorcy being a car with halogen headlamps and the DRIS 500 being a car with HID headlamps. The Dorcy is still a great light, but I can't wait to get this one underwater!

I've got the Dorcy 180. It's a great light. I was wondering how it compared...

so thanks for the review/comparison.

I could take pictures of the DRIS 500 and the LM 10-21 LED, if anyone cares.

Mike, feel free to use any of my pictures on the site, if you wish.

I have some good photoshopped ones of her if you prefer those.....

:chairfight: You!

WOW.....we are already sold out!!! That was quick! I have more already coming in, the only problem is they are heading straight to Beneath The Sea, then coming home with us. We won't be able to ship anymore until Monday...I apologize to everyone for the delay, but this light sold a lot quicker than we anticipate. We have more already inbound, so anyone at BTS can see or purchase them there. All the rest will ship first thing on Monday.
Might just have to pick one up tomorrow :)

Hey Mike_s,

I will try to get some pics up comparing the size of the Dorcy to the DRIS. The DRIS, being a 3-C light is a good deal bigger, but not unwieldy. I've tried taking pics for a beam comparison, but it doesn't give an accurate depiction. The beams get overexposed making them look very similar, when in person there is a noticeable difference in color temp and brightness. Until I can afford a canister light, the DRIS will make a great "primary" and the Dorcy will still be on my rig as a backup or a loaner if I am diving with someone that doesn't have a light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom