:-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dewdrink

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was pointed in the SCUBAboard direction from another diver forum. I am writing a book about coral reefs for my senior project (I'm a senior in high school) and one of the chapters of my book is "personal stories about coral reefs" So I'm trying to gather as many thoughts, or descriptions about coral reefs as I can from the people that love them the most. So, if you have you'd like to add to my book, please let me know! Your help would be much appreciated!!!

You are writing a Book or paper?

cool well this is the place to find out information... Corals are their own little ecosystem... however they are in danger due to contaminated water...Coral has a critical partnership with certain algae that absorb sunlight and convert it to energy needed to feed the complex array of life found in a reef ecosystem. The loss of these algae, a common consequence of pollution or climate change, leaves a reef "bleached" and unable to produce energy from sunlight.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONSE!!! :D I'm writing a book. I already wrote a paper about them (environmental, cultural, and medical importances/uses).

Heyyy! That's really good! :) You're a very talented writer. Could I use parts of it for my book?- Naturally it's in quotes and fully accredited to you.

of course, just make sure you follow MLA (or whatever system you are using) citations.

glad you enjoyed. i still think i'm not done with it... we'll see :wink:

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don
:D

Thanks for the welcome! SB is already in my favorites ;-) Thanks for being so helpful everyone, it's really helping my book a lot! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom